IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi sanctions Australian & New Zealand series
10/29/12, 7:10 PM   #1
POWRi sanctions Australian & New Zealand series
dirtracingreport

Tim Tuttle: MILLSTADT, Ill. (Oct. 29, 2012) —The POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget Series has entered into a multi-year agreement to sanction the POWRi Lucas Oil Australian Speedcar Super Series and the POWRi Lucas Oil New Zealand Midget Super Series.

The three series will operate under the same technical regulations and procedures. It establishes a platform for a Midget World Championship, which POWRi expects to organize for the 2013-14 season. Read More...

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, billwill7
10/29/12, 9:21 PM   #2
monkeyboy

Who says they only sanction by the arch?

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, racephoto1, TWO FIVE
10/30/12, 6:16 AM   #3
Re: POWRi sanctions Australian & New Zealand serie
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Who says they only sanction by the arch?

Posted via Mobile Device
Those who hate the fact that POWRi is become a power house in openwheel racing.

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, racephoto1, TWO FIVE
10/30/12, 7:38 AM   #4
racephoto1

Well looks like the boys in Illinois not only think big, they do big. I wish they'd bring their show to Indiana, but they don't need to, they have the rest of the world.

Funny, they realize if you do it right people will flock to you. They have a model that is working very well, and there are a lot of people who could learn from it.

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, billwill7, midget96, TWO FIVE
10/30/12, 7:57 AM   #5
wobbler

Quote:
The three series will operate under the same technical regulations and procedures
There is an inherent floor with this statement as here in Australia our technical regs are vastly different in some areas. Types of engines and engine sizes allowed are a lot different in some cases to those in the US. Many questions need to be answered before this will work over here IMO.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
10/30/12, 8:04 AM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbler View Post
There is an inherent floor with this statement as here in Australia our technical regs are vastly different in some areas. Types of engines and engine sizes allowed are a lot different in some cases to those in the US. Many questions need to be answered before this will work over here IMO.
I'd hope that all gets sorted out Wobbs. For comparison's sake,look at how sprint car counts took off after you guys finally went with 410 engines rather than 372's.It made it easier if someone wanted to come buy a 410 and run it rather than having to change the stroke,different pistons etc. It also made it easier for you guys to come to the USA and compete,and since then many have ventured across for a go at it.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 10/30/12 at 8:06 AM.

10/31/12, 2:08 AM   #7
felker11a

My understanding from while I was down there is that as of now they aren't changing the rules so that people can keep running the cars and motors they already have.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: rataz
10/31/12, 6:22 AM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

Where do you find the engine rules and the like for midgets Wobbs?? I had a quick look around this morning,but really didnt find any info.

10/31/12, 8:47 AM   #9
wobbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Where do you find the engine rules and the like for midgets Wobbs?? I had a quick look around this morning,but really didnt find any info.
ASQ our current rulebook and Specifications can be downloaded Speedcars Australia Rulebook 2011-2012

Some of the main differences that I know of straight up. We allow:
  • "stock block" production car engines which can be 183 c.i,
  • Forced induction up to 122 c.i.
  • Esslinger engines 166 c.i

All of these are in use regularly here in different parts of the country and with approx 100 or cars Nation wide changes to specifications that would force these cars to make vast and expensive changes would definitely reduce those numbers which we can not afford.

10/31/12, 11:19 AM   #10
DonMoore10

LOL All of you have got to be kidding regarding POWRi engine rules. All of you must be naive. When was the first time or anytime you saw, heard of or witnessed an engine being checked at a POWRi show? For starters, IOWheelers, one famous factory backed engine USAC midget team that has won multiple POWRi shows this season brings a totally different package than to a USAC show. Compare the pics..... What you think you see is not really what you think it is........

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi sanctions Australian & New Zealand series