IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years service
9/15/12, 8:03 AM   #51
KodySwanson

Jerry, I did not intend to make it seem like I was calling you a liar, and if it came across that way I'm sorry. I did not intend any disrespect toward you or the RW Motorsports team. I simply stated that I did not know anything about what took place in Springfield- I do not think you make things up, i just didnt know any of the specifics, like who from rw told who from Ignite they needed help, etc.

Members from our teams talk regularly, and nothing has ever been mentioned about rw having problems since the bladders. And while other teams may have some bladder issues, I don't think they've been brought to the attention of the manufacturer yet either.

Last night, I called Ignite to see what could have happened in Springfield. The rep I talked to knew nothing about the situation either (and he was at Springfield), so he is going to give you a call to see if they can help.

Again, I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. That was not my intent, and I know you didn't call me out. I wasn't going to post anything, and was just going to let the Ignite folks know about it, until someone else asked for me by name.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by KodySwanson; 9/15/12 at 8:20 AM.

9/15/12, 10:29 AM   #52
dustbowl

Honestly... who cares this is childish

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dauminator5, Lincoln Chapple
9/15/12, 11:12 AM   #53
sc96

This deal with USAC and who stays who leaves who runs what.Has now taken a whole new twist and it's bad real bad who two VERY respected drivers are at it over this is not good. It's called division in the ranks and USAC is who is to blame. They looked at the money to hell with the teams they didn't care blew smoke up everybody ass cashed the check and left the teams holding an empty bag. Is anyone reauhlly surprised.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: IndyBound, mowerman, Mud Packer
9/15/12, 11:59 AM   #54
Re: Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years servic
groove grabber

all bull$hit aside, both of your teams have done complete motor conversions to make this stuff work, you both have spent countless dollars to outrun each other. I understand thats racing and Im not blaming you Jerry or you Kody because in the same situation with the same funding, hell id probably succumb to the pressures of winning and do the same. But the fact is that since Ignite came into the picture, Since Miller decided that this money was gonna be the saving grace, everything from expenses to friendships has taken a new level of screwed up. Bladders, overheating, detonation, he said, she said, low car counts, no fans, lackluster sponsorship expectations have all gotten WORSE not better since the inception of this fuel. Neither one of you guys teams could even remotely disagree that this seasons financial win loss ratio is even close to previous seasons. STOP THE MADNESS, open the rules to the way they were before, make it fun again, nobody fights when their havin fun

9/17/12, 7:46 PM   #55
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

I know it would never happen but I would give my eye teeth for a sniff at a board seat at USAC. If nothing else the small guy would rest at night knowing their concerns no matter how big or small would have been broached at that level. For sure an individual on the board who wasn't a yes man would create aggressive discourse which would make for some interesting meetings but I believe the voice of the common racer needs to be heard and lobbied for at that level. I've heard of instances where mgmt. made a decision or even rescinded decisions in fear of loosing their marquis teams. If this is a practice then they aren't at all concerned about the little guys voice. They will say they care but as my main man DonMoore10 stated...money is thicker than water. Nothing is going to change until you get a mole on the board and start advocating for the membership as a whole not just the top 2-3% of the teams.

Back on subject...I never met Dave but did hear good things. I wish him luck in his future ventures.

4 members like this post: Indy1808, mowerman, racing in indy, SC90
9/18/12, 8:46 AM   #56

You guys talk about professionalism, its very unprofessional to pull out of a race track the day of the event. Look at it this way, WE fans must not be buying this guys product. If we were, the guy would be fat, dumb, happy and would not care what is going on with the series. I mean why else would you advertise with USAC? WE race fans are the only people they are advertising to. They have no national tv series or any thing like that.

9/21/12, 5:32 PM   #57
donwilshe

You get what you pay for. Garbage in Garbage out.

When you have something as important as USAC reputation to protect
and you risk it in the hands of a 24 year old with no experience in what
he was tasked to do. This is what you get......

USAC Failed

Ignite / Ethanol Failed

Cost USAC teams alot of money and most likely wont be back.

Where was the professional who should of been hired to prevent the disaster.

Oh yes cant do that,

Strike 1 USAC took the money for themselves.

Strike 2 Didn't increase the race purses.

Strike 3 Ignite rightfully is pissed and look like fools to entrust their reputation to USAC and Etc.

USAC is toast!

PS. I cant wait for PowerI to take over whats left of the Midgets series.
Last edited by donwilshe; 9/21/12 at 5:38 PM.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
9/21/12, 8:16 PM   #58
usac99

Quote:
Originally Posted by donwilshe View Post
You get what you pay for. Garbage in Garbage out.

When you have something as important as USAC reputation to protect
and you risk it in the hands of a 24 year old with no experience in what
he was tasked to do. This is what you get......

USAC Failed

Ignite / Ethanol Failed

Cost USAC teams alot of money and most likely wont be back.

Where was the professional who should of been hired to prevent the disaster.

Oh yes cant do that,

Strike 1 USAC took the money for themselves.

Strike 2 Didn't increase the race purses.

Strike 3 Ignite rightfully is pissed and look like fools to entrust their reputation to USAC and Etc.

USAC is toast!

PS. I cant wait for PowerI to take over whats left of the Midgets series.
This from a guy that does not run with USAC,and fired two of the best pavement sprint car drivers, Kody and Tanner Swanson

9/24/12, 9:01 PM   #59
Lincoln Chapple

Position filled? Or are they gonna bring in the replacements like the NFL?
Did I miss an announcement?

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years service