IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA non wing, double nighter
8/26/12, 11:44 AM   #11
Re: MMSA non wing, double nighter
somebodysmam

no but there are very few left running , most run 1000 anymore

8/26/12, 11:49 AM   #12
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
from what i read mmsa say max 1000cc stock bore and stroke. Will they let the bigger engines run?

How many of them big old boat ancor 1200cc motors are still running right now? How many are winning? What does one of them Hank Scott Bandit motors cost now. They Do still work good on the drag strip.

Honest Dad himself

8/26/12, 12:18 PM   #13
pjohnson

I dont have a 1200 i have an engine that is 1074 cc. you missed my point everyone should be able to race Im not against MMSA they want 600s to come race so why not everyone

8/26/12, 12:38 PM   #14
scott bradley1x

You might want to post a phone call to bill may or pm him on here.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/26/12, 12:51 PM   #15
pjohnson

Im not buying another expensive 1000 for my car when your newer 1000s have more horsepower than my 98 gsxr and it only 74cc bigger I will just leave it at home and go help my son. Thats a real shame that i would have to buy another engine. If Amsa is not running next week now that worries me about what is happening. Do i just leave my car at home cause its old and has an engine that is 74cc over. New engines cost more than i can spend in these times

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I will try that scott. I sure hate to waste my old car after i made it look nice lol. I dont hate mmsa just dont like the engine rule My engine is no big monster or anything. I would run with mmsa some if i could i just completely redone and old car and about to get it out.

8/26/12, 1:02 PM   #16
DAD

Quote:
Im not buying another expensive 1000 for my car when your newer 1000s have more horsepower than my 98 gsxr and it only 74cc bigger I will just leave it at home and go help my son. Thats a real shame that i would have to buy another engine. If Amsa is not running next week now that worries me about what is happening. Do i just leave my car at home cause its old and has an engine that is 74cc over. New engines cost more than i can spend in these times

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I will try that scott. I sure hate to waste my old car after i made it look nice lol. I dont hate mmsa just dont like the engine rule My engine is no big monster or anything. I would run with mmsa some if i could i just completely redone and old car and about to get it out.

I would rather much rather have the 74 pounds over the 74cc's. But I can guarantee somebody would raisehell about the deal. I'm like o'l Chris Economaki "LET UM ALL RUN". Now is not the time to be pickey.

I can't imagine any dad allowing a son to race one of them lttle go-kart things, but them I am prejudiced.

Honest Dad himself

8/26/12, 1:41 PM   #17
oneal7778

Do they allow camping at the track? We are going to try are best to be there.

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
8/26/12, 4:29 PM   #18
little Spike

AMSA will be racing at the Burg on Saturday Sept. 1st. but gave up on TC for the way one of our members was treaded by the staff there. Pjohnson you can race with us at Lawrenceburg if you like. just have to weigh more.

8/26/12, 7:28 PM   #19
pjohnson

Well dad lots of dads do and i think i have been a very good dad i raised three kids and now have five grandkids and ya i can still race as well. wow dont question my ability to be a dad. If you dont like those cars that your right dont bad mouth the people who do like them. I dont like stock cars but have friends with kids that drive them i dont question what they do. That comment was uncalled for my whole point of posting was to find out why mmsa was replacing amsa and i found that out. Also if the old motors are boat anchors and get beat all the time why be afraid of them. Just my thoughts not trying to cause a fight.

2 members like this post: DAD, karmaracing
8/26/12, 8:01 PM   #20
DAD

Quote:
Well dad lots of dads do and i think i have been a very good dad i raised three kids and now have five grandkids and ya i can still race as well. wow dont question my ability to be a dad. If you dont like those cars that your right dont bad mouth the people who do like them. I dont like stock cars but have friends with kids that drive them i dont question what they do. That comment was uncalled for my whole point of posting was to find out why mmsa was replacing amsa and i found that out. Also if the old motors are boat anchors and get beat all the time why be afraid of them. Just my thoughts not trying to cause a fight.

PJ sorry you toke me the wrong way. I have been beat by rules before myself. I personally don't get too upset about racing different people and motors but as I said there is always someone that does, and I guess that is the reason for rules in racing. That extra 74cc's cost somebody about $1500.00 to $2,000.00. That would buy a newer motor when the old one lays down. I think your son racing a micro is great . He didn't like your big car or just lives closser to a micro track. I kinda of thought you would take my coments in a different way, If you showed up to race I would vote for you, the other thing I find is when racing they don't say much until you win or beat the wrong person.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA non wing, double nighter