IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA
8/2/12, 11:12 PM   #61
Re: MMSA at ELDORA
Bill May

In the early 90's the amsa raced at the Richland Co. fairground 1 mile track in Olney, Il, Green to checker, a Kentucky driver won.

The Buckeye Mini Sprints, a 600cc group, raced at the "Fast Half" Southern Ohio Speedway in Wheelersburg, OH in the mid 90's, again green to checker, Graig McGuire won.

we have experienced crashes on the first lap 3 times this season on 1/4mile tracks, all caused by some form of driver error, this is what we need to avoid, don't attempt to win the race in turn one,

The size of the track is not the cause of crashes, If the drivers put on a good show, they may be invited back, drive like idiot's and they won't,

This race is not for the benefit of me or the MMSA, it's for the drivers who WANT to race there, the autograph session has been moved up to
4:30 to 5:30, I urge all drivers to get there early and help make this "Family Fun" nite a success for the promoter at Eldora, just remember, they chose mini sprints as a support class for this event, so.
let's show support.

Bill May
Last edited by Bill May; 8/2/12 at 11:22 PM.

8/2/12, 11:25 PM   #62
Phylo82

You know, I try to steer clear of the AMSA vs MMSA bullshiot because we race with both.....but seriously, if you AMSA guys have a problem with running at Eldora simply shut up and don't go.

Honestly, people see right through the crap.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

8/2/12, 11:29 PM   #63
Bradleyracing86

Thanks everyone for your comments concerns. Hardly the point of the post.

If you are going hope to see you there, if not have fun elsewhere. If you feel like expressing more comments or concerns start your own post. Thanks Bill for all the hard work you do... These prestigious tracks make racing worth going. If we did it for money we would be doing something else.

Check your cars over good, let's race.

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: bowbuild, George Pollock, Jrp4554, Mike M 67, Phylo82, tricky3t33
8/2/12, 11:34 PM   #64
scott bradley1x

Bill, you r doing one hell of a job permoting mini sprint racing, period they have run at terre haute years ago and believe me the track is wayyyyyy more demanding on engines and cars. Keep up the good work it is very much appreciated !!!!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: George Pollock, Jrp4554, Mike M 67, tricky3t33
8/2/12, 11:49 PM   #65
big d

okay,,okay,,ive been reading this post for a few days,,and said i was not getting in this,,being im sort of the new guy with the bigger sprints,,,but i need to add something here,,look fellow racers,,its eldora! its fast,nortorious,,and wicked,,but its eldora...legendary for sure,, it brings out the racer in all of us,,good and bad,,i live in alabama,,i purchased a car in may,,havent been able to race for work or lack of funds right now,,,but im all the way down here cheering all of you on,.i stay on this site daily ,,checking on whats goin on...wishing i could be racin,,i truly dont know if i will be able to run this yr or not,,but you can dam well bet next yr will be different,,,for me,,so you better look out ,,when i do come,,this ole redneck from l.a. is comin back,,i ve did my best and funnest racing in indiana,,so try not to agrevate bill and merrall,they work hard at gettin these dates,,,try to make a decent purse and provide an enviroment for us all to have fun,,and enjoy what we love,,i had a tq,,for 2 yrs,,came and run in indiana,,then sold it to run more at home,,bought a late model and a modified,,to dam big,,both ofem,,,thats another story,,ask me sometime ,,what im sayin is i love racin,,been involved all my life,,and cant do much of it here,,,so you all should feel lucky,,proud and cheerful that you have it all,,but im going yo chsnge my problem,,,sooon,,so heres to seein all you guys real soon on the track,,,and holler at me if anyone can give me some tips or advice,,im always all ears,,,,,, thanks don e td motorsports / rocket racing;

8/3/12, 4:56 PM   #66
Bill May

Sponsor Alert! Dad's Muffler Shop has stepped up with a $300 sponsorship and challenges other Business establishments that support Mini Sprint racing to match. All sponsors will have their ad/commercial broadcast on the PA at the track and their company name listed on the MMSA website.

All sponsorship money goes directley to the purse, The drivers/owners will appreciate any support provided,

More race program schedule & details will be posted on the MMSA website shortly

3 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, Copperhead, tricky3t33
8/3/12, 6:04 PM   #67
backitin

Wish i could race it. Way faster than you ever gone before, its a great way to get that feeling back that you had when you first started driving or riding. Its never faster than when you first start out. Good luck and have fun guys.

1 member likes this post: darnall
8/3/12, 6:54 PM   #68
big d

way to go dads,,great idea and way to support,,wish i could do something to help,,,ATTENTION..... ALL RACING BIZ AND SUPPORTERS,,,HOW BOUT SOME HELP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! comon guys and racers,,,dig down a little from your biz and help both clubs racing mini sprints,,and mini sprint racing shw our power to put on a great race,,and an even better season for next year....we need to promote this sport we love,,in anyway possible,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,td motorsports

1 member likes this post: Bill May
8/4/12, 3:23 PM   #69
Bradleyracing86

Heard they payout may get a boost. Way to go Bill.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/4/12, 6:45 PM   #70
Jrp4554

Thanks to dads muffler shop. Way to step up and support lightning sprints!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA