IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA
7/30/12, 10:22 PM   #21
Re: MMSA at ELDORA
Bill May

I have received contact from racers from 10 states, plus canada expressing interest in participating in this historic event.
NOTICE:
I have posted Eldora driver & pit pass age rule requirements on the MMSA website, Keep checking the website, I will be posting additional information in the next few days.

Bill May

3 members like this post: Bradleyracing86, Jrp4554, Phylo82
7/30/12, 10:25 PM   #22
Jrp4554

Awesome job Bill of getting us in the door at such a historical track. can't wait.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: D.L. 122
7/31/12, 8:14 AM   #23
wilkey118

I wish I could find a ride for this. I have not been in a race car since my accident at the non-wing brownstown event. Sounds like it should be a lot of fun and will for sure be very fast. Good luck to all

-Seth Wilkerson

7/31/12, 2:08 PM   #24
D.L. 122

is it just me or does anyone else have trouble getting the mmsa site to load? and i dont see any updates about eldora or points?

7/31/12, 7:04 PM   #25
Jrp4554

Did anyone practice at eldora earlier this year during the open test?

Posted via Mobile Device

7/31/12, 7:07 PM   #26
treecitytornado

I remember someone saying there were a couple of Mini-Sprints there.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/31/12, 7:17 PM   #27
Bradleyracing86

I believe one of the Rices was there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voC3wA5nTpI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He's not on the bottom kids.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Jrp4554
7/31/12, 11:26 PM   #28
minifan1

[QUOTE=DAD;294429]You sound like one of them there naysayers. Do you have your information from competent authority or is it something you just figured out yourself. We cross the scales at 1000 lbs plus with our wing on and do pretty good.

Bill May has an ultrasonic thickness tester at hand, probably the only one out there right now. Cars are weighed at the end of each race. If you in-fact do own a car I would be glad to check your roll-bar thickness for you. The light weight frame deal was a problem several years ago and were produced in the late 90's but most of them are out of the system by now, If I thought I might have one I would ask Bill for a test before I even attempted Eldora.

I have personally seen several of the mmsa regulars with older cars and cars that arent built the best to begin with no matter what year they are, also the front axles in some of those cars are pretty small and i have seen those small axles bend and break very easy. Im not talking about the wheight of the cars just how some of them are built and the equipment they are built with, I have watched a few MMSA races this year and i have been to the pits and looked at a lot of the cars, im thinking of buying a mini so therefore i have been looking at a lot of different cars.

7/31/12, 11:58 PM   #29
Mike M 67

You need to talk to Larry at Speed partz and buy a FOZ.
His cars are actually Spike midgets built by Godfrey in Indianapolis. Very same car they use for midgets, same tubing and everything, just modified to run a motorcycle engine. We have 2 of them and are very happy with them.

Mike Mensendiek
71 Nathan Mensendiek
71B Beau Binder

1 member likes this post: Phylo82
8/1/12, 8:29 AM   #30
DAD

[quote=minifan1;294699]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
You sound like one of them there naysayers. Do you have your information from competent authority or is it something you just figured out yourself. We cross the scales at 1000 lbs plus with our wing on and do pretty good.

Bill May has an ultrasonic thickness tester at hand, probably the only one out there right now. Cars are weighed at the end of each race. If you in-fact do own a car I would be glad to check your roll-bar thickness for you. The light weight frame deal was a problem several years ago and were produced in the late 90's but most of them are out of the system by now, If I thought I might have one I would ask Bill for a test before I even attempted Eldora.

I have personally seen several of the mmsa regulars with older cars and cars that arent built the best to begin with no matter what year they are, also the front axles in some of those cars are pretty small and i have seen those small axles bend and break very easy. Im not talking about the wheight of the cars just how some of them are built and the equipment they are built with, I have watched a few MMSA races this year and i have been to the pits and looked at a lot of the cars, im thinking of buying a mini so therefore i have been looking at a lot of different cars.

HI MINI:

Why don't you stick with AMSA, With you as a friend they don't need enemies!!

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA at ELDORA