IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > mini sprint evolution
7/30/12, 1:59 PM   #81
Re: mini sprint evolution
Midget18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sday27 View Post
iam just hoping mountpiler keeps this class going because you can run ecotecs and other motors iam working on two to three cars to run there next season because i want to race but really cant aford those 40 to 60,ooo.oo motors in usac and the 1000cc engine are getting up there to,almost the same as a focus now,
1000cc are getting up there, but our motor we got for less than $2000 and it is winning races in both MMSA and AMSA along with running up front with Montpelier. I am finding the more $ you put into the motors the more likely you will blow them up. We are running a compeletly stock motor straight out of the bike and its a great motor.

Come supoort Montpelier Speedway. Great group of people and they are putting everything out there to give midgets a local place to run.

3 members like this post: D.L. 122, DAD, TM123
7/30/12, 3:28 PM   #82
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget18 View Post
1000cc are getting up there, but our motor we got for less than $2000 and it is winning races in both MMSA and AMSA along with running up front with Montpelier. I am finding the more $ you put into the motors the more likely you will blow them up. We are running a compeletly stock motor straight out of the bike and its a great motor.

Come supoort Montpelier Speedway. Great group of people and they are putting everything out there to give midgets a local place to run.

Next week we have a choice stay home, run wingless at 24 or wingless at Montpelier the haul is about the same for us. Or we could just wait and try our new motor in 6th gear at the big "E".

We do need to get Bill and Harold on the ball and have a shoot-out race toward the end of the year with "Big Bucks" need Brian out looking for deeep pocket sponsors. We might have to rule out a few midget motors, Maybe run Pontiac motors and down only.

I know a fella that would be pretty good at helping us at "handicapping" the thing.

MONEY talks and that other stuff walks! We sponsored a $1000.00 to win race at 16th street speedway for 600cc uprights many years ago and had fifty something cars show up to race.

I think they tried this at US 24 speedway and had problems? maybe they got the wrong car mix or something. I still think it can be done. and Montpelier would be a great place to try it.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
7/30/12, 4:19 PM   #83
Midget18

Be careful with us24 might only get $100 for 2nd.... So you know my vote... Montpelier....You will most likely get that just to start

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Bradleyracing86
7/30/12, 7:18 PM   #84
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBSU23 View Post
Last Saturday, we had 2 1000CC cars (top finisher 2nd), 3 Focus Cars (top finisher 6th), and 6 Full Midgets. The track was slick Saturday night, but Joe has had the same results on hammer down tracks also (We have 2 slickies and 2 hammer downs this season for the Midget features).

I know as a promoter I think Harold is in it for long haul, but you want to see glimmers of the ability to grow your car count along with a response from a fan base. We have a decent payout set up with not much dropoff between places (especially with 11+ cars). There no doubt there needs to be a fan following to cover that expense.

We need to pick up a few more cars and the racing should become exciting for a midget fan especially for only $10.

You guys have a great Idea, but growth is going to take a little while.
The only area I could think of that has a smaller amount of open wheel fans would be LOUISVILLE KY. Most of your racers pull 2 plus hours to get there right now. Once your fans and racers find out they can race midgets on a budget your car counts will grow. Many of your mod cars have more in their engine then we have in our whole car. When this little secret gets out the numbers will grow.

Honest Dad himself

7/31/12, 8:46 AM   #85
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget18 View Post

It ain't that old junk yard motor "GIRL". You got the chassis "FSC", set-up "JOE" and the driver "LYNSEY", If you go faster in the turns you go faster down the straightaway.

The motor always gets all the credit or the blame, that is what racers have such a hard time figuring out and that is why they spend so much money trying to fix something that ain't broke.

Honest Dad himself

7/31/12, 9:12 AM   #86
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Talking about evolution... Do any of you guys have plans to move to sprint cars? If not, why?

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: DAD, STUMPS88
7/31/12, 9:19 AM   #87
Midget18

Wish I could but can't afford it. I have ran a handful of races for other people.....

7/31/12, 9:58 AM   #88
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I'm sorry to see that, because that is the evolution that needs fixed!

Good luck!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/31/12, 10:22 AM   #89
Bill May

Bill G.

Within the past two seasons the following drivers have progessed
(evolved) fom mini's to the Sprint division:
S. Motsinger
N. Hale
D Applegate
D. Dorsett
R. Henning
J. Paul - owner
S. Miller
L. Tilton
I may have missed 1 or 2.
Some are running paragon (the normal progression) Waynesfield, Clay Co. & other area tracks.
This is the reason the Drivers want more non-wing mini sprint races, especially, on the 1/4 & smaller tracks, The MMSA is doing all we can to promote evolution.

Bill May

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
7/31/12, 10:56 AM   #90
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
Bill G.

Within the past two seasons the following drivers have progessed
(evolved) fom mini's to the Sprint division:
S. Motsinger
N. Hale
D Applegate
D. Dorsett
R. Henning
J. Paul - owner
S. Miller
L. Tilton
I may have missed 1 or 2.
Some are running paragon (the normal progression) Waynesfield, Clay Co. & other area tracks.
This is the reason the Drivers want more non-wing mini sprint races, especially, on the 1/4 & smaller tracks, The MMSA is doing all we can to promote evolution.

Bill May
Also on the wing side with plenty of success
360's:
Beau Stewart
Max Stambaugh
Devon Dobie
410's:
Ryan Broughton
Jesse McCreary
Sam Ashworth

Plenty of growth out of mini sprints. Although many are leaving far before they are ready.(ie. Never win a race)

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > mini sprint evolution