IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Where do you get your favorite driver information
Diriver's Website 34 26.77%
Driver's Facebook Page 51 40.16%
Driver's Twitter 42 33.07%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Social Media and Driver Information
7/23/12, 2:49 PM   #11
Re: Social Media and Driver Information
Jonr

I use twitter to get the most up to date information about the drivers. Since I read all of the tweets, I have found that I go to racing websites less. I still come to IOW to get overall updates that you miss on twitter. If I have a specific question about a driver, (schedule or t-shirts, etc) I will go to there websites. If all else fails, I may go to the facebook page. However, if the answer is to go to a facebook page, I usually decide that I really did not need that information that much.

7/23/12, 4:25 PM   #12
JstAbvVMC

I use FB, Tweeter, USAC and even carrier pigeons if I need to! You keep my kid so darn busy he won't even call his Ol man with race updates..... LOL

Desi

Posted via Mobile Device

7/23/12, 9:34 PM   #13
Kansasdirtfan

Tim, like probably many in my generation, I'm an infrequent Facebook user and have never used Twitter. Consequently, when I want driver info I end up looking for their web page, although, as mentioned in an earlier reply, those aren't always up to date, nor do all drivers even have a page. In that case, I will check FB or do a web search. I hope this helps. Best of luck with your survey. Congratulations on your Sprintweek success. Sounds like a couple of bad breaks kept Bryan from winning the championship.

7/23/12, 9:50 PM   #14
slick01

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 48

I rely mostly on the net for info. That new timeline thing on facebook confuses the heck out of me and I only got to using facebook in the last 8 months. Twitter is too short and too dadblamed confusing to me.

7/23/12, 10:32 PM   #15
treecitytornado

I update my homepage with results, where we are racing, and much more every week. Sometimes twice a week. Plus I have video clips, audio interviews, sponsor page, and much more.
It's www.jtstapp.com.
I have yet to start a facebook and only tweet once in awhile.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/24/12, 11:52 AM   #16
peacedaddy101

Read everything off of Facebook. It's my generations thing.

7/26/12, 8:33 AM   #17
IndyBound

Tim. I turn to IOW first for all my racing info. A year ago I joined facebook and have Bryan, Coleman, and a few others as my facebook friends. The only thing I do on twitter is the USAC twitter updates.

Hope this helps,

Patti

7/26/12, 12:36 PM   #18
Seadog

Twitter - most of the time.

Facebook - no, not a FB guy.

Driver websites - once in a while.

USAC website - somewhere between once in a while and often.

I also have a google subscription for all things USAC and it goes directly to my email.

IOW - infrequently lately - seems I use it a little less as time goes by.
Last edited by Seadog; 7/26/12 at 12:37 PM.

7/26/12, 7:47 PM   #19
BIGEBUDMAN

Face book always, IOW when I have time, Although I like IOW the Best.

7/27/12, 10:56 AM   #20
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I'm just surprised that IOW never even got a place on this poll. Everything I need to keep me updated on the world of open wheel racing I come here to get. With the exception of live updates on USAC races. There I go back and forth between USACLive's Twitter page, Sacha's updates on Ballou's Facebook page and Chris Nunn, who's been very active this year.

Jerry
Jerry, I was looking for opinions based on information for your favorite specific driver. I agree for all of my information IOW is my go to !!

On any given race night that I am not able to attend I have Twitter, IOW, and FB pulled up all at the same time. On my mobile device I usually go to Twiiter depending on the series that is running.

But I was looking for opinions driven more towards the your favorite drivers information.

Thanks !!
Tim

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Social Media and Driver Information