IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on ISW, LPS and USAC
7/23/12, 12:12 PM   #21
Re: Thoughts on ISW, LPS and USAC
boomer

Yes it was hot,dry,humid,rainy,windy,tacky,slick,smooth,rough ,loud,dusty,muddy.Iwant to thank everyone involved,tracks,safety people,media,usac,crews,DRIVERS,fans,owners and to anyone involved in any way. Just think of all the fans and drivers who have passed away before us that would have LOVED to be there with us to enjoy all those conditions. I just cant seem to find anything to ***** about.Come on ISW 2013 !

7/23/12, 12:33 PM   #22
Hotshoe65s

From what I have seen from saturday and (pictures)Sunday they have got the track back to great condition. It is good and smooth from top to bottom and allows for 2 and 3 wide racing. That's all a driver can ask for. So what if it is a little dusty. People on here go nuts about how great of a race they saw and then bash the track cause it was dusty. Ya act like dust is he dang Antichrist. If you don't want dust go to an asphalt track. I bet if he keeps thtroops from top to bottom he will start seeing an improved car count. Not many drivers care if there is a little dust as long as they can pass in the heats and features. Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: 31bro, Dannypollock24, DANO34, DunaganRacing
7/23/12, 12:53 PM   #23
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrell854 View Post
The track last night was awful you couldn't even see the cars its the worst I have seen all year

Posted via Mobile Device
You could see the cars. I was a little worried during the semi, but the dust seemed to lessen a little for the feature. God some of you are spoiled. I grew up in upstate NY, and most of the tracks there are usually that dusty, sometimes worse.

7/23/12, 1:21 PM   #24
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster1 View Post
dusty but ......

winner winner... Chicken dinner!!!

posted via mobile device
you can always take a picture up in the light to see the dust more

---------- Post added at 1:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Why no one worked on the LPS track.

Only real way to fix the track once its sealed over is by using a power harrow and the track doesn't have one yet. (All my cheeseburger purchases should help eventually)

Just adding water won't help it and using a grader would take to much time.

For me it was a great sprint week! I was able to enjoy races at Kokomo and LPS. Just nothing better than being at a race track.

Congrats to the winners!

Posted via Mobile Device
I THINK EVERBODY SHOULD HAVE JUST STAYED HOME ON THE COUCH & ASKED FOR UPDATES --- OH WAIT SOMEONE HAD TO BE AT THE TRACK TO GIVE EM

7/23/12, 2:28 PM   #25
sttmn

Good Explanation. Jerry

7/23/12, 2:49 PM   #26
ThePurple73

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
As far as scoring goes, a lot people don't realize the entire field has to complete the lap for that lap to count. At a short track like Lincoln Park when cars almost all around the track, it may seem like the leaders made a lap. As far as when you're driving, it's hard to know if a lap is completed. You could pass someone off 4 and lead across line, be in 3 again and yellow come out and have to give position back. I would like to see USAC use the "split yellow" as some call it. If the leader and one or two other cars (can be lapped cars) pass the flag stand, that lap is completed.

Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the excellent explaination Coondog. I thought a lap was defined as the leader breaking the start finish plane. (ie...like the end of the race).

3 members like this post: billwill, BrentTFunk, Dannypollock24
7/23/12, 3:17 PM   #27
19racer

I know the world of outlaws use split scoring but the flagman will have to know which car took yellow first. That's how they do it then go back to transponders on how they crossed. When computer scoring is being used that's how they count laps who is in what running position at time of yellow.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/23/12, 4:44 PM   #28
BrentTFunk

I thought it was a pretty good week all in all. I went to all but Tri State.(had a family obligation) At LPS I have to admit I did not have high expectations going into the feature, but thought it was a good race. I like Put a little heavier, but it was still entertaining. Hopefully Spiker and company can get some help from the weatherman next time, and not need a rain date. No complaints.

7/23/12, 4:50 PM   #29
curbservice

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
It should've been worked all night after the Sat. Night show was complete. Earl Baltes used to be out on the track with the grader after the last feature and worked the track all night to get ready for the 2nd day of a 2 day show. It's not fun, but that is the only way, they could've had a better track tonight.

Posted via Mobile Device
And Eldora was almost always a dry slick dump. Tell's me Earl didn't know what he was doin..., or he ment for it to be that way. In all the years I went to Eldora the only time I seen it heavy was when mother nature had the keys to the water truck.

2 members like this post: Racer12, RichH
7/23/12, 5:31 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbservice View Post
And Eldora was almost always a dry slick dump. Tell's me Earl didn't know what he was doin..., or he ment for it to be that way. In all the years I went to Eldora the only time I seen it heavy was when mother nature had the keys to the water truck.
I went to Eldora once for Kings Royal weekend the weather had been dry and the track littlerally came apart it was so wet. Had a 3foot cushion only 20ft up the track, That was Night before. He worked it all nigh grading, Sheepsfooting the hell out of it and it did the same the next night I don't know what it was, New clay that didn't take or what.

I also went to a Eldora Anniversary race once where the track slicked off in hotlaps and Bobby Allen started 16th and won going away it got tackier and tackier as the feature went on.

Moral of the story, I'd rather have a track you could race on, Dusty or not than show up and be dusted out or fogged out.

2 members like this post: dirtfan98, racingdanger
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts on ISW, LPS and USAC