IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who builds motors for Clayton?
7/19/12, 5:49 PM   #11
Re: Who builds motors for Clayton?
jim goerge

I thought he had a Don Ott motor last year I;m not sure but whatever he had last night sure ran COWBOY UP

1 member likes this post: ChadSmith
7/19/12, 6:16 PM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I thought Daron Flintstones it myself J/K

7/19/12, 6:31 PM   #13
Slider812
Banned

I thought he had a 305

Posted via Mobile Device

7/19/12, 8:19 PM   #14
lovindirt

I heard it was really a 454 small block with just enough blow by that it will actually pump at a 410. LOL. just kidding

1 member likes this post: Slider812
7/20/12, 6:34 AM   #15
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmith View Post
You're an a**hole!!! Are you really that bent out of shape over it? Wow. Sounds like you're a true sprint car fan.

Posted via Mobile Device
I think there should be a 100 post minimum before your allowed to post anyone is a "a**hole !!! sounds like your just as bent out of shape if not more.

7/20/12, 7:01 AM   #16
wannaracebad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinterfan View Post
lol who answers a question with "i am" without promoting your business. You got a guy out there kicking butt with "your claiming" "i am" motors.... have you ever thought maybe someone else wants one too?

I myself thought it was Claxton too. Does anyone know who builds motors for Clayton without posting an "i am" reply. Unbelievable..
I don't know who builds them but I have only known Dave conn for about a year, and would say if you knew him at all the "I am" response fits pretty well. He's very well known in sprint car world, and in several kinds of racing. He has treated me very well since I've been running his engine. Great guy and I think he is very humble about his engines. His results are all the ads he needs!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/20/12, 8:20 AM   #17
kstudley57

His shop stays plenty busy with customer referrals and return business... if you think you can build a better motor or play a better game of raquetball, you'd be sorely mistaken. He's been great to work with over the years.

7/20/12, 8:43 AM   #18
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
I think there should be a 100 post minimum before your allowed to post anyone is a "a**hole !!! sounds like your just as bent out of shape if not more.
Not here, back. I deleted the post you quote for the same reason I deleted one very early this morning. Name calling is a no-no, big time.

Any further questions, see B. Gardner.

I'll admit I was a tad slow to delete this one.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

7/20/12, 8:46 AM   #19
Rex W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEA View Post
I believe if I'm not mistaken that's the legend himself Dave Conn /J&D Performance?

Posted via Mobile Device
Legend in his own mind. Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: welder
7/20/12, 10:59 AM   #20
ThePurple73

No doubt congrats to the engine builder. But Mr. Clayton really beat some top notch competition and really proved to be competitive in the "big time" and on the historic big track. I hear he has been on a roll. Congrats to his race support team also, choosing gears and setup are a huge part of the winning formula. A win at the action track during Indiana Sprint Week has to let a driver and team (and those watching in the racing world) know you are doing many things right.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 7/20/12 at 11:03 AM.

1 member likes this post: dusty tracks
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who builds motors for Clayton?