IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great article everyone should check out!
2/13/08, 6:00 PM   #1
Great article everyone should check out!
Burnzy
Inactive Member

This one is definetly worth reading:

http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...racing-history

Enjoy

2/14/08, 11:11 AM   #2
Re: Great article everyone should check out!
LEADERS EDGE

I talk to Bop any time I get the chance. He and his family are some of the niciest people I have ever met.

There are people in this sport, well known people, that have won some races and a championship or two, but haven't come close to the success that he has accomplished, and they will only speak to you when they need something from you. Forget borrowing a part at the track when in need. Even though they came from the same background most everyone else has.

Not Bop. Steve; in my opinion, would help anyone in need. Either with words or parts. His kindness doesn't undermine his competitiveness, it enhances it.

What I feel you need to take away from an interaction with someone like Steve or Pancho is if anything, you have to realize how bad they wanted to compete and win. The amount of hours and the constant searching for an edge and the will to get better. Ask Steve or Pancho about what it took for Pancho to get back in a car and not only race, but win. Not only was Pancho in pain, but they had to redesign the throttle so he could use it. They didn't just say,"Well, it's hard, so we will wait until it's easier."

On the surface, they seem like two completely different people, but even though they go about things very differently, they are very similar.

Like the article indicates, it is easy to look at someone like Steve and dismiss them, but that is exactly what he wants you to do. On most any subject, he has already thought two-three steps ahead of where you are, but unlike most people he is never afraid to listen to what others have to say and at least learn what makes you have the opinion you have.

Bop is a true character in the very best sense of the word.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great article everyone should check out!