IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HARF Putnamville Pit Party Thursday July 19th
7/8/12, 5:26 PM   #1
Sprint Car Drivers Attending USAC Sprint Weeks
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Attention Sprint Car Drivers attending USAC Indiana Sprint Weeks on Thursday July 19th, 2012 @ Lincoln Park Speedway. Hoosier Auto Racing Fans (HARF) is planning a "Pit Party" on that date between 1 pm till 3 pm. We hope all drivers can attend and meet your fans, and to entice you drivers to attend, we have come up with 3 huge prizes to make it worth your while, more detail on those prizes to follow. These are YOUR fans coming out to meet & mingle with the drivers and teams who make up their favorite sport. Pit gates will open at NOON to allow the teams early access for the early set up & you get the best spots. Because of the "Pit Party" hours NO rigs will be allowed entry between 1 & 3 for fans safety. This party is dedicated to you DRIVERS, so Please help us honor you by attending. HARF has gone to extreme measures to come up with the 3 big prizes for Drivers to win if they participate in our fan event. 3 lucky Drivers will win one of the following prizes: 1 Hoosier Tire (of the winner's choice) donated by Hoosier Tire: 1 Traxxas R.C. Truck, donated by USAC; & a Jackson Oil Products prize package donated by Jackson Oil. DRIVERS, this is your chance to give back to the fans who love you, maybe sell some of your t-shirts & even win a big prize for attending. We do not ask anything of you except your attendance. I know arriving early is asking alot, but think of the pr this offers you, your team, & your sponsors. If possible, Please RSVP to Vicki Black @ 317-487-8096 to let us know of your plans to attend. We hope to make this an annual event, but only if we have your help to make it a success. This "Pit Party" is meant to be a fun event for both Drivers & their fans, so I hope you can all come out & be a part of it. Good Luck to you all at this years Sprint Weeks, hope to see you all there, Bob Black, HARF President.

7/8/12, 5:44 PM   #2
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Bob and Vicki,

Thank you for all you do!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by STIDA.com; 7/20/12 at 5:33 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dannypollock24
7/8/12, 6:58 PM   #3
Re: Sprint Car Drivers Attending USAC Sprint Weeks
HARFprez

It's fun or we wouldn't do it. All Thanks go to the drivers and teams. Please just spread the word to the drivers and fans, we hope this works. Also in a later post (i haven't done yet) we will explain all the fun this will be for our HARF members, with games and prizes for them too. But Thanks for the Thanks, bob.
p.s. we are still working on your decal collection too, we didn't forget you.

---------- Post added at 6:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:53 PM ----------

One thing i failed to mention, and that is that this has been the easiest HARF promotion i have ever been a part of, and thats because i haven't done any of the work. All credit, and i hope that afterwards there is alot of credit to be had, goes to the dynamic duo of Jamie Marvel & Susannah Stapp. From first concept to final production, these 2 have gone above and beyond to make this event possible. So now all we need is your help out there to make this promotion a huge success. Don't let these 2 beautiful young ladies of racing down, come out and show your support, we promise, it'll be fun. See you there, bob

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dannypollock24
7/9/12, 2:54 AM   #4
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARFprez View Post
Attention Sprint Car Drivers attending USAC Indiana Sprint Weeks on Thursday July 19th, 2012 @ Lincoln Park Speedway. Hoosier Auto Racing Fans (HARF) is planning a "Pit Party" on that date between 1 pm till 3 pm. We hope all drivers can attend and meet your fans, and to entice you drivers to attend, we have come up with 3 huge prizes to make it worth your while, more detail on those prizes to follow. These are YOUR fans coming out to meet & mingle with the drivers and teams who make up their favorite sport. Pit gates will open at NOON to allow the teams early access for the early set up & you get the best spots. Because of the "Pit Party" hours NO rigs will be allowed entry between 1 & 3 for fans safety. This party is dedicated to you DRIVERS, so Please help us honor you by attending. HARF has gone to extreme measures to come up with the 3 big prizes for Drivers to win if they participate in our fan event. 3 lucky Drivers will win one of the following prizes: 1 Hoosier Tire (of the winner's choice) donated by Hoosier Tire: 1 Traxxas R.C. Truck, donated by USAC; & a Jackson Oil Products prize package donated by Jackson Oil. DRIVERS, this is your chance to give back to the fans who love you, maybe sell some of your t-shirts & even win a big prize for attending. We do not ask anything of you except your attendance. I know arriving early is asking alot, but think of the pr this offers you, your team, & your sponsors. If possible, Please RSVP to Vicki Black @ 317-487-8096 to let us know of your plans to attend. We hope to make this an annual event, but only if we have your help to make it a success. This "Pit Party" is meant to be a fun event for both Drivers & their fans, so I hope you can all come out & be a part of it. Good Luck to you all at this years Sprint Weeks, hope to see you all there, Bob Black, HARF President.
Bob,

Make sure to tag or post the final details of this Awesome Event on my Facebook page, I have many LPS Local Fans and friends that will come out including me, sounds like a Great deal for us Drivers and especially the Fans!

Thank you Bob,Vicki,Jamie,Susannah and HARF for all you do for the Sport that we all love!

Danny 24

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/15/12, 10:13 AM   #5
LUCKYONE

Bob why dont you get a HARF date for the races ?

7/15/12, 11:37 PM   #6
HARF Putnamville Pit Party Thursday July 19th
SprintLuvr

Thursday, July 19th HARF is hosting a PIT PARTY Free for all HARF Members at Lincoln Park Speedway from 1pm-3pm before the race. Non-HARF members can attend for $15 which will include your 1 Year Membership! Come mingle with many of the SprintWeek teams and play games and meet drivers and crews. This is a chance to have one on one time with the teams and get to know the heros of SprintWeek!

We ask all SprintWeek participants to arrive at the track between noon & 1pm to get a pit and get setup before fans arrive at 1p. If you do not participate in the PIT PARTY you will not be able to enter the pit area until 3p during USAC registration, so come early and get a good pit!

All teams participating in the PIT PARTY will be entered in a drawing for a Hoosier Tire, some Jackson Oil or a Traxxas RC Truck.

Any drivers not participating in SprintWeek are also welcome to come hang out and visit with the HARF fans. We would love you all to come join in the fun!!!

7/16/12, 9:36 AM   #7
HARFprez

Mainly because it's INDIANA SPRINT WEEKS! During most of the rest of the year you see Indiana race tracks probably 2/3rds full in the stands and the pits, but not during ISW's. This is the time of year teams save equipment for & fans save money so they can attend. Pits are FULL and so are the stands...this is NOT the time we get HARF nights. HARF nights are only HARF nights thru the courtesy of the track Owners &/or Promotors, and thus they give us more of the "off peak" dates. They offer these discounted nights to help put butts in their seats and to entice race fans to come out & for a few nights a year, save some cash. We here at HARF are indebted to these track owners for anything they give us, some are $5. discounts, some are FREE, and we take anything offered to us to save our members money. RARELY we receive any specials during ISW's, but this year we will offer you 2, a $5. discount at THAT this Wednesday (and ALL THAT races this year) and our very special PIT PARTY at LPS this Thurday afternoon. Do these track owners have to do ANYTHING for HARF..."NO". So, maybe, if you're at a HARF event at a track, and you see management walking around, making sure their guests are happy, stop them and THANK them for offering us HARF members a discount or a special event. Remember, they don't really have to do anything for us, they're there to run a race track, the rest is just out of the kindness of their hearts. I hope this helps, and i hope to see you at THAT Wednesday and at our PIT PARTY Thursday afternoon, bob

7/17/12, 3:21 PM   #8
LUCKYONE

I know ISW is no time for a Harf date I ment during the season? I just was wandering why they did not offer one please do not take this in the wrong way

7/17/12, 3:35 PM   #9
HARFprez

We have talked to Joe several times and he still plans on offering us a night or 2. But this offer was WAY above and beyond what we expected from LPS, Joe and crew, working with Jamie & Susannah are working on what we hope will be a yearly event. We have gotten great response from the drivers, now we just hope some fans show up, that's the one thing we can never predict. I hope you can make it out & i never took your question in the wrong way, grandma always said "ya never know until ya ask". Never a dumb question, but sometimes i do give dumb answers, see you there, bob.

7/17/12, 5:05 PM   #10
LUCKYONE

Our HARF pres. is a class act Thanks BoB

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HARF Putnamville Pit Party Thursday July 19th