IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Plymouth canceled tonight
7/7/12, 10:53 PM   #41
Re: USAC at Plymouth canceled tonight
oljonesy

george bush"s fault

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Drtchsr, jdull99, SC90
7/7/12, 11:52 PM   #42
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oljonesy View Post
george bush"s fault

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/8/12, 12:14 AM   #43
Tim Watson

I wish they would cancel work in that freezer of a cooler that i drive my forklift in every day. Five or six days a week i can't feel my fingers or toes and my nose drips like a leaky faucet. I got a wife and four kids.....so i decide to keep going back.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, JordanBlanton, PJ Wright, SC90
7/8/12, 12:24 AM   #44
otgracing17

We raced here at Plymouth tonight and it cooled off really well. The track also stayed nice and felt good with two lanes. Thanks to the crew at Plymouth for putting on a good show. The heat started to fade after about 5:30.

Mike Gass #17

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: dkdorkboy, IndyBound, jdull99, koolaid89, SC90, SETracing
7/8/12, 1:57 AM   #45
SC90

The heat didn't seem to bother the drivers and crews of the 600 mini sprints or the hornets at Plymouth. The forecast at Port Royal was 100 degrees on Saturday night, but that didn't stop the PA Posse from racing. (They also race in early February when it's freezing out and there is snow on the ground.) The show at Oswego tonight was awesome, and the stands were packed. At $40 for reserved seats and $30 for GA, I'm sure the promoters were thrilled with ISMA and MustSee.

I agree with Tim C. on this. If a team doesn't feel comfortable racing due to heat, they can make their own personal decision to stay home. Just because a few would rather stay at home doesn't mean that the rest of us should have to. And people wonder why some tracks/series have trouble getting fans in the front gate?

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: IndyBound, PJ Wright, Racer12, Tim Watson
7/8/12, 3:02 AM   #46
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Seriously I mean no dissrespect and you all have your reasons for what you decide too do.

But Im seeing one owner ribbing another one over not racing and that race car loaded up at a MSCS show a couple years back, rather than start the tail of a heat and Im not talking about the weather. It was fine (Ribbing ya here Tim) and might have done the same thing if my $ were in the kitty then too.

With all due respect

As for that show, Theres a old saying "THE SHOW MUST GO ON" and if it was possible to run and didn't for whatever reason, it can do nothing but hurt the gate in the future!

2 members like this post: BeerCloud, Tim Watson
7/8/12, 9:20 AM   #47
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy Hines Racing View Post
From a driver ,crew chief it was very hot last i got dizzy twice and in the feature really hot in the car. Chuck power I canceled races cause of the heat and so did gas city. Im not saying timing was good should have been early. Before you guys comment think about our crews in this heat some older and volunteer.
Is it possible that the ailment highlighted is due to something other than the heat? Age, for instance? Remember, you are over 40, now.

Tim Simmons

7/8/12, 9:55 AM   #48
jeast

Sharon...did you go to Oswego? heard there was no passing... just wondering?

7/8/12, 10:32 AM   #49
BeerCloud

The racers in Arizona gotta be rollin on the floor about this.

Suck it up buttercups.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/8/12, 10:42 AM   #50
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Once again I succeeded in ticking off someone i didn't mean too and I do repect the efforts put forth by all the teams and sponsors.

My Point was that just like the two eldora openers, (Not usacs fault) Midget week 2009 union county and countless before the net. Show ups to cancelled USAC shows. IT CAN DO NOTHING BUT DAMAGE THE BRAND by not holding a event that could be held as advertised if it could have been sucessfully held.

The Teams or Drivers can race or not for whatever reason. I know for a fact I needed several gatorades the last two days just to sit on my arse and watch em.

2 members like this post: 767, Tim Watson
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Plymouth canceled tonight