IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jeff Gordon
7/5/12, 2:41 PM   #1
Jeff Gordon
backitin

Just saw a live interview with Gordon on espn. He says in his opinion if you want good exciting nascar they should run heat races, invert the start and run 50 lap races. Then racing he says would be fun again. sounds like he miss's the real racing.

7/5/12, 3:28 PM   #2
Re: Jeff Gordon
aXe

I have been saying this for YEARS!

---------- Post added at 5:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:25 PM ----------

I have been saying this for YEARS! To Me it isnt just a nascar problem.
other series are stuck in that same mode! IMHO keep it up and the crowds will dwindle just like in the indy cars

7/5/12, 4:35 PM   #3
backitin

It was a interesting interview, he spoke what was on his mind. He also stated that tradition is fine but that 500 mile races arnt the most intertaining, or fun to drive and that maybe it was time tradition be broken. You could tell by his body language he just wishes he could be in a car where you mash the throttle and race, not worried about tires, fuel or pit stops. Not to mention someone talking to you when your trying to race. I'd hate that, when I'm racing it's the only time I'm totally free the last thing I want is someone talking to me.

7/5/12, 4:48 PM   #4
rclaridge

Loosen the **** cars up, get the nose off the track,they're way too aero dependent....Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: koolaid89, stanfan, Wayne Davis
7/5/12, 6:53 PM   #5
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Loosen the **** cars up, they're way too aero dependent....Jmo

Posted via Mobile Device
Oh kinda like a winged sprint car uh!.....

nothing else why spend 1 whole day with practice...10 hot laps Qualify and go race...most all the drivers are saying the cars are race ready and only need a few laps just to shake the car down....isn't that the only reason for "hotlaps/practice"

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: randy j
7/5/12, 9:14 PM   #6
Gee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Outlaw View Post
Oh kinda like a winged sprint car uh!.....

nothing else why spend 1 whole day with practice...10 hot laps Qualify and go race...most all the drivers are saying the cars are race ready and only need a few laps just to shake the car down....isn't that the only reason for "hotlaps/practice"
"Oh kinda like a winged sprint car uh".... blah blah blah......
here we go again....

If Jeff Gordon wants the heat races and 50 lap feature he can always hop is butt back in a sprint car like Stewart and Kahne. These two guys, especially Stewart, love to race and arent just in it for the money and fame.

2 members like this post: Don 65s, Wingman
7/5/12, 9:18 PM   #7
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
These two guys, especially Stewart, love to race and arent just in it for the money and fame.
Maybe Jeff is in it so he can donate MILLIONS of $ to children's hospitals. Get a little perspective would ya?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/5/12, 11:10 PM   #8
hairracer44

Was trying to post link to Interview...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8132902
Last edited by hairracer44; 7/5/12 at 11:14 PM.

3 members like this post: dstensland, race28, stanbrough4presidentgo53
7/6/12, 1:24 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Just saw a live interview with Gordon on espn. He says in his opinion if you want good exciting nascar they should run heat races, invert the start and run 50 lap races. Then racing he says would be fun again. sounds like he miss's the real racing.
Like they say. "You can take the driver out of the dirt, but you cain't take the dirt out of the driver" once you done it in the dirt nothing else compairs. Bet the way his contract reads he would have to come up with a "trick" nick name or buy his own team to do it.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post:
7/6/12, 5:10 PM   #10
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Like they say. "You can take the driver out of the dirt, but you cain't take the dirt out of the driver" once you done it in the dirt nothing else compairs. Bet the way his contract reads he would have to come up with a "trick" nick name or buy his own team to do it.

Honest Dad himself
Yeah, theres things they cant do. One of the best if not best nascar drivers, who grew up racing sprintcars in Indy wanted to try riding speedway a few years back after seeing a race in N. Carolina. Couldnt because of his contract. I bet he would just Smoke the track too. I'm pretty sure he owns his own teams now, if he see's this and wants to take a few laps on a Speedwaybike, PM me lets go

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jeff Gordon