IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > new race track southern indiana
6/27/12, 8:21 PM   #21
Re: new race track southern indiana
17B

This track ran late in the 90's, I personally worked there with the gentleman that started it, he got himself in a bit of trouble $$$$$ trying to run a it. he let it go, and Two well known racers stepped to the plate after the main guy called it quits, went for a time being, but just would not take off.
Recall flagging there, recall being the scorer, and pit boss, all in the 3 years we ran it. The track was high high high banked almost to much for dirt.
The flooding issues is when it rains it goes right thru the pits, he tried moving the creek and that made bad on behalf of the nature people........did not go well when he moved it.
Always backing tracks, lets me know if I could be of any help.......mean while I could be found at Clay County Speedway.....

6/27/12, 9:38 PM   #22
cecil98

just looked it up....3 hrs from Cincy...won't do us any good....good luck, though, guys. Hope you can make a go of it!!

6/27/12, 9:42 PM   #23
burris7555

Before picture so everyone knows what it looks like as of now...

This is the front entrance/score tower.

Photo credit goes to an anonymous freelance photographer from Greene County...
Last edited by burris7555; 6/27/12 at 9:45 PM.

3 members like this post: havocactionsports, jim goerge, nailer
6/27/12, 11:08 PM   #24
havocactionsports

yes that is it and just make sure that this is remembered in a couple weeks and how much work is being put into this place

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Sorry about the website the that wasnt suppose to go up we have a website being designed the only plan right now is to get the building up and going again and getting the dirt track going. We do plan to do those other things in the future this year everything is going to depend on cash flow. By looking at the building it looks bad i know it has a solid foundation and a good structure. Im not trying to disappoint just trying to get the word going asap as well as trying to get some help. Today is the day that we got the green light to start on the property. I just want to thank anyone that is wishing us luck and offering help. This isnt going to be easy and we will be working really hard on this. The flooding can be an issue and we are going to have equiptment in there asap as well to fix these problems without running into issues with the "nature people".

2 members like this post: Drew Tarr, nathans1012
6/27/12, 11:20 PM   #25
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocactionsports View Post
yes that is it and just make sure that this is remembered in a couple weeks and how much work is being put into this place

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Sorry about the website the that wasnt suppose to go up we have a website being designed the only plan right now is to get the building up and going again and getting the dirt track going. We do plan to do those other things in the future this year everything is going to depend on cash flow. By looking at the building it looks bad i know it has a solid foundation and a good structure. Im not trying to disappoint just trying to get the word going asap as well as trying to get some help. Today is the day that we got the green light to start on the property. I just want to thank anyone that is wishing us luck and offering help. This isnt going to be easy and we will be working really hard on this. The flooding can be an issue and we are going to have equiptment in there asap as well to fix these problems without running into issues with the "nature people".
Should post this info on 4m at www.4m.net as well and help spread the word a bit more. Good luck in getting the track up and going again.

6/27/12, 11:32 PM   #26
Mulvaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
just looked it up....3 hrs from Cincy...won't do us any good....good luck, though, guys. Hope you can make a go of it!!
where did you find it at. i can't find it anywhere if it is3 hrs from cinci and three hours to kokomo and still in southern indiana i must be fairly close i live in scottsburg

6/28/12, 12:09 AM   #27
tim kelley

I live about 40 miles south of Louisville, and its about 130 miles for me. Not Bad! Bout 90 from Louisville. Its west of Bedford In. Be great for sprints. Run Bloomington fri, Putnam, or Paragon on sat, and Owensburg on sun. Not alot of traveling miles.

6/28/12, 12:10 AM   #28
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvaney View Post
where did you find it at. i can't find it anywhere if it is3 hrs from cinci and three hours to kokomo and still in southern indiana i must be fairly close i live in scottsburg
It's in Owensburg about 2 miles from the Crane Gate off of Highway 45 I live 3 miles from it I'll go check out if it's been touched tomorrow

6/28/12, 12:44 AM   #29
The Riz

Had to find it. Go to google click maps and copy and paste 38.938566,-86.755836 I think this is the correct location!

1 member likes this post: sprintman01
6/28/12, 1:47 AM   #30
Hotshoe65s

My suggestion is to convert whats left of the track to a very wide 1/4 or 5/16 mile with progressive banking and no walls.
Walls = tore up stuff and lower car counts
Big tracks = blown up motors and lower car counts

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: babcock14d
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > new race track southern indiana