IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wait till you hear what USAC is doing now......
6/25/12, 6:57 PM   #31
Re: Wait till you hear what USAC is doing now.....
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbservice View Post
Unfortunally your comments arn't completely true. There was bad blood and bad decesions allmost all year long on the drivers part and the officals part all of those calls were one sided and favored Elliott in one way or another. Thomas and Elliott get togather at Attica (pure racing deal), Elliott spins restarts and tries to take him out idiels around track for two laps and misses Thomas and gets Darland. I think this is where Thomas gets Probation and Elliott gets a letter of repremand. Fast froward to Red Hill Elliott dumps Thomas in the Feature and usac takes no action they say it was a racing deal. While KT's comments about taking Elliott out wernt the smartest there was no merrit to them anybody who reall knows KT knows he would never endanger sombodys life by intentionall wrecking them. Then there's the whole deal with his pavement ride getting jerked out from underneith him thru back room deals and some major arm twisting and dirty threts. Bottom line USUK always seems to get what they want. It's an elite club, United States Auto Club C= club and if yer not in, yer way out side. This is whay thing are the way they are in the series. Pavement sprint cars dead, Silver Crown on life support and about to die. Dirt sprint cars stagnent and not growing. It is what it is with USAC.
Ancient history. I was at Attica and Red Hill. I agree there was alot to it, but to make it part of what is going on is senseless.

1 member likes this post: fish
6/25/12, 9:03 PM   #32
Gene Franckowiak

I would be interested to see how many of you are car owners who actually have to pay to fix the cars that get crashed. .....Now, that being said, "Probation" is Bull Crap and it doesn't accomplish anything. Its like the the cops in England who have no guns.....yelling "Stop" or I'll say "Stop" again.....quite a joke, isn't it.

You either hand out no punishment or you go all the way and suspend. I was not there and did not see what happened and lets not make this about Robert because it affects all drivers....I say no probation. If USAC or any organization has to make a call, it has to be flagrant enough to merit a suspension...or not. There is no middle on this.

6/26/12, 5:43 AM   #33
Daddyo

Would love to hear Hewitt's thoughts on this topic. Thinking he's probably in the "Have at it boys" camp.

6/26/12, 7:48 AM   #34
grinch

The only one that shoud be on probation in USAC is the ones that came up with "The Gold Crown" series............

6/26/12, 8:36 AM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I kinda agree, Hand out a penalty or none at all. This, Im watching you crap is just that.

6/26/12, 9:07 AM   #36
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbservice View Post
While KT's comments about taking Elliott out wernt the smartest there was no merrit to them anybody who reall knows KT knows he would never endanger sombodys life by intentionall wrecking them.
Mark Cassella??

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil
6/26/12, 9:31 AM   #37
DAD

"It's a racing thing you just would not understand"

There are three types of race car drivers "those that race to finish" "those that race to win" and " those that race to finish and win".

The first race driver is filler we need them to give the other two types of drivers something to race aganist.

The second type is "intertainment" they give the crowd something to anticipate and add excitment to the race.

The third type is the one I enjoy the most. They just they sit out there, don't mess up equipment and just keep moving up, these are the "Jurneymen" of their trade and are what the younger drivers should try to emulate.

The bad thing is usually you have to be the second type of driver to even think about becoming the third type.

Best I can remember USAC lost a very talented driver several years ago by the name of "Steve Butler" because they did the same thing to him.

In racing s-h-i-t happens!!

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 6/26/12 at 9:32 AM.

1 member likes this post: SteveD
6/26/12, 12:18 PM   #38
coondog

I'm sorry, but I just don't see what the big deal is. This is not against Robert or any other driver. Just my opinion on probation in general. NBA, NFL players get fined or probation for things that can cause harm to other players, and they are contact sports. We aren't really allowed to handle it ourselves. If we go to another drivers pit and there is any altercation, we get fined or parked. Wish we could but in the days of people being law suit happy, the sanctioning bodies have to keep that under control. I look at probation like a warning. So big deal. I know judgement calls can seem inconsistent but I think it's about time that some calls are going to be made. Everyones going to be critiquing every slidejob from now on, I know. We are all guilty of not giving someone enough room or giving someone a bad slidejob. But maybe this will make some drivers think about the way they race others.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/26/12, 12:50 PM   #39
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
Everyones going to be critiquing every slidejob from now on, I know
Not this guy... I'll be happy to see you guys turn the track into slidejob city!

Just make sure you don't step on your ....!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, K9Racer
6/26/12, 2:25 PM   #40
hoosier sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Mark Cassella??
Action Track just past the start/finish line? That was a nasty!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wait till you hear what USAC is doing now......