IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need everyones opinion. Thanks in advance
6/22/12, 12:46 PM   #1
Need everyones opinion. Thanks in advance
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

When there is downtime during a race do you like music to be played over the PA system, or do you like some silence so you can talk amongst yourselves. Or do you like a mix of silence and music

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, davidm, jim goerge
6/22/12, 12:53 PM   #2
Re: Need everyones opinion. Thanks in advance
Claybird33

Mix of both

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
6/22/12, 12:58 PM   #3
Rick Eaton

I prefer music, but not too loud. That way I can talk if I want to. Second choice would be silence. I don't care for pit or trackside interviews. They are conducted by amateurs and usually sound like it. Just because a track has access to technology doen't mean that they have to use it.

6/22/12, 12:59 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

OMG, Can of worms.
And thanks for posting this BTW.

I go to race tracks for TWO REASONS.

SEE RACING and BE and talk with FAMILY and friends.

I can see a race lead up (Hopefully features only) Song.

But it annoys the crap out of me when someone plays DJ, If I want to go to a dance club, I'll go to that and not a RACE track.

I sit with my dad, Uncle, brother and you can't even hold a conversation with no cars on the track because of it.

Its a lot funner to talk about who's in the next race, who's hot, who's not or even their recent fishing day than listen to some way overplayed song at a WAY OVER VOLUME LEVEL.

I think its ok to stream some music, Maybe the kids enjoy it and occasionally Id like a classic rock or country song.

STREAMED AS BACKGROUND LOW VOLUME ONLY! You can listen if you want but should be able to speak to the person next to you normally.

Thanks for this thread,.

ON the other hand, Some tracks it would be nice just to be able to hear the announcer giving lineups, interviews. ect.

Down time should be spent promoting future events and sponsors if anything, OR NOTHING AT ALL. (I don't consider the redraw or contest as down time)

BTW, This is constructive criticism, Not a slam. But its really bad at tracks with overpowering or great sound systems. I've never been back to Limaland because of it. Felt there was everything going on but a race on the track or I was at a Discotech.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/22/12 at 1:08 PM.

6/22/12, 12:59 PM   #5
Need Everyones Opinion. Thanks in Advance All!!...
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

thats a very good honest question Chris....myself,I wanna hear bout Racin' updates!!....be'n whats happenin' at the track and/or elsewhere!!....perfect time to announce the nites schedule,lineups if available for all us bite'n at the bit for info!!........thanks for all you do for Racin' Chris!!...............

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/22/12, 1:00 PM   #6
D.O.

Drivers should come to the stands and sign autographs and give a few shirts away while the announcer interviews them with the fans. Music is good but you have to keep the fans up and going and not lull then to boredom. The latest updates and news is good too.
Last edited by D.O.; 6/22/12 at 1:01 PM.

6/22/12, 1:00 PM   #7
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

just loud enough too hear it and still be able to talk to your friends,family etc. i know some tracks played it way toooo loud.or ask trvia questions and give out door prizes etc..jmo

6/22/12, 1:16 PM   #8
bojo20

I agree ==music is nice but not loud to the point were you can't talk or visit with friends.

5 members like this post: AustinSprinter, Mud Packer, ronmil, SPRINTCAR, SprintManDave
6/22/12, 1:18 PM   #9
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Silence isn't an option with my ears... so I prefer a little noise to drown out the constant high pitch ringing.

For some reason, I do like hearing the announcer say "Indiana Open Wheel"... but no so much "Bill Gardner" Mix in a little Jackslash.com and I'm perfect.

6/22/12, 1:29 PM   #10
treecitytornado

If you have good announcers like; Pat Sullivan, Brad Dickison, or Chad Cunningham, do some driver interviews or just talk about the night's racing activities or future events. Otherwise, just play some music.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: 5JMOFFATTFAN!, AustinSprinter
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Need everyones opinion. Thanks in advance