IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints
6/20/12, 11:53 AM   #11
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints
affordableawards

okay sorry for calling them junk I know they put alot of time and lots of money in them,and they dont get paid much for running.But all year he's been advertising sprints only and alot of people thought it it was working out,good car count good crowds put I can see your point on needing more time to work on the cars.I spoke before thinking SORRY

6/20/12, 12:39 PM   #12
kcarm92

gene if you think these cars are junk just stop on by the shop and ill show youn just how much money we have in this junk you should think before putting your foot in your mouth and you know who this is

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

also this has not been planned all year for thursday racing, and he only had 300-350 general addm. tickets sold, last thursday didnt count, has only had one thursday sprints only show, easier for people to talk sh## without knowing what there talking about

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

one other thing on thursday night sprints yes it was promoted as sprints only if you cant get enuff sprints or fans to support it then dont do it, plain and simple, jmo

5 members like this post: agar, K9Racer, mayor31, mowerman, scott bradley1x
6/20/12, 1:16 PM   #13
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

I agree with Chris and Carmichael...another class is needed and "wanted" in my opinion. On the Thursday show for June 7th, we ran the last heat race, and barely had time to fuel the car for the B-Main...luckily we did, and made the A-Main...but it would have been nice to have a little more time to make some adjustments to the car and double check some things before firing off again...Looking forward to this week!

GOOD MOVE LPS!! Some other teams need to get the chance to have fun two nights a week!!

4 members like this post: agar, Claybird33, dirttrackfan, Jackslash.com
6/20/12, 1:22 PM   #14
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordableawards View Post
i new sooner or later they would throw junk in with the sprints.what happened with sprints only on thursdays
now now be nice

6/20/12, 1:32 PM   #15
affordableawards

Kenny I apologize to you and any other driver or fan that I might have offended.I know you have a lot of time and money wrapped up in all of the cars you have.I defintly used a bad choice of words.Agian I apologize to everyone that I offended I know the cars arent junk.

6/20/12, 2:17 PM   #16
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
[/COLOR]also this has not been planned all year for thursday racing, and he only had 300-350 general addm. tickets sold, last thursday didnt count, has only had one thursday sprints only show, easier for people to talk sh## without knowing what there talking about[COLOR="Black"]
Kenny i was there and if he only sold 350 GA tickets then either a bunch snuck in or were let in free because it sure looked like there were more than that in the stands. The 1st thursday they didnt start until 45 minutes past the advertised start time. On a normal Saturday they finish the sprint feature "about" 10. With 1/2 the cars in the pits they STILL finished at 10. Please get the show started on time so we can get out a little earlier. That being said I dont think the show will run longer with the added class taking up the downtime. Flame me if you want but I have to work the next day and I would really like to be able to go to these races and not lose sleep.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/20/12, 2:32 PM   #17
wannaracebad

I've had my sprint there every Thursday since it started and I think one more class would benefit everyone. Owner, driver, fans. One class (if the track makes everyone hussle) should not slow down show much at all but will keep the down time away, give everyone time to get ready for the next race, and make the track
More money which will insure a race track can stay alive. I think it's awesome to have two nights a week local and thank Lps for the opportunity.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/12, 2:37 PM   #18
31bro

Next week is going to be busy at lps. Tuesday summer nationals, Thursday sprints and Saturday a full show. Thanks Joe!!!!!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/20/12, 2:46 PM   #19
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31bro View Post
next week is going to be busy at lps. Tuesday summer nationals, thursday sprints and saturday a full show. Thanks joe!!!!!!!!

posted via mobile device
in your junk...lol j/k

1 member likes this post: jarvis
6/20/12, 3:02 PM   #20
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
kenny i was there and if he only sold 350 ga tickets then either a bunch snuck in or were let in free because it sure looked like there were more than that in the stands. The 1st thursday they didnt start until 45 minutes past the advertised start time. On a normal saturday they finish the sprint feature "about" 10. With 1/2 the cars in the pits they still finished at 10. Please get the show started on time so we can get out a little earlier. That being said i dont think the show will run longer with the added class taking up the downtime. Flame me if you want but i have to work the next day and i would really like to be able to go to these races and not lose sleep.
hey john,
if i was as old & ugly as you i would want a lot of sleep to lol

4 members like this post: Danny Burton, Dirtfan, Mud Packer, racefan20
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints