IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm
6/1/12, 11:10 PM   #41
Re: Eastern Storm
Gene Franckowiak

My panties are never in a bunch. As an owner of a 360 and 410 sprint car team, a partner in a USAC sprint car team, and owner of a ARDC non-wing midget,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I've got a pretty good idea of what has to and what doesn't have to be done to switch over. It is not just taking the wing off any more nor is it just bolting on a wing.

You need a wider axle, different birdcages, a different shock package, different wheel offsets, some different gears, different tires......if any of you think this stuff is cheap, I would be happy to let you buy the stuff for me and I'll "sack up" and bring Dave Ely to race with you guys.

Bottom line, financially it doesn't make sense for me to do it. Here is PA, I can run as many races as I care to run using the equipment I already have. If it made financial sense, we'd be there....so if some of you "talkers" would like to "sack up" and become a "spender"....I'm sure you could coax a local of your choice to run those races.....hmmmmmmm...thought so.
Last edited by Gene Franckowiak; 6/1/12 at 11:12 PM.

4 members like this post: PAW, Pine, speed bump, SPRINTCAR
6/1/12, 11:51 PM   #42
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
My panties are never in a bunch. As an owner of a 360 and 410 sprint car team, a partner in a USAC sprint car team, and owner of a ARDC non-wing midget,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I've got a pretty good idea of what has to and what doesn't have to be done to switch over. It is not just taking the wing off any more nor is it just bolting on a wing.

You need a wider axle, different birdcages, a different shock package, different wheel offsets, some different gears, different tires......if any of you think this stuff is cheap, I would be happy to let you buy the stuff for me and I'll "sack up" and bring Dave Ely to race with you guys.

Bottom line, financially it doesn't make sense for me to do it. Here is PA, I can run as many races as I care to run using the equipment I already have. If it made financial sense, we'd be there....so if some of you "talkers" would like to "sack up" and become a "spender"....I'm sure you could coax a local of your choice to run those races.....hmmmmmmm...thought so.
Just as you stated there's more to changing a car over than most people realize and it isn't cheap!And if you want to be competitive you better change the things that you stated or your just lapped traffic.Unfortunately some people think that all car owners have a money tree growing in their backyards.

6/2/12, 12:07 AM   #43
cshuman

Hey I'll bring a 52 inch front axle and a leaky set of Pros and run your car Gene... Leave everything else.. It will be fine ; )

Posted via Mobile Device

6/2/12, 1:49 AM   #44
MEAT

It would just be nice to see Indiana take a few things from PA. Leave the wings there, but maybe bring the regular show payouts back here. The Grove pays 3600 to win and 315 to start for a weekly deal. Lincoln pays 3200 and 275 to start. That would be a "special" show here.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by MEAT; 6/2/12 at 1:56 AM.

2 members like this post: mayor31, speed bump
6/2/12, 7:34 AM   #45
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Back when this race occured we thought that the wing guys had a better line at Eldora. They didnt back it in they tried to keep it straighter thus scrubbing off less speed. If you noticed more than a few wing guys have done well there against USAC. Duncan and Brecht are good examples. I always wondered why the USAC guys never tried this but maybe we were just full of it. it seems logical though.
Thats whats wrong with the outlaws in the first place, they back nothing in. Lets all get sideways as much as possible.

2 members like this post: Jackslash.com, speed bump
6/2/12, 12:00 PM   #46
NOSTINKINWINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Thats whats wrong with the outlaws in the first place, they back nothing in. Lets all get sideways as much as possible.
Hey, Come on!!!!! I saw one of Missy Kahne's rigs "back it in" at a Truck Stop once

6/2/12, 1:16 PM   #47
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamale wagon View Post
2011 New Egypt highlights!

Hey Gene, looks like your motor behind Hunter!

6/2/12, 5:41 PM   #48
backitin

I wish they would run a race round here. Penn Can is right up the road it's a bit small I think for the 35 BBmods they stick in a feature but I bet nonwing sprints would be a great race there. That and I'm sure the place would be packed if partnered with the mods, they have a great fan base. I could hook you usac guys up with the promoter and you could get the ball rolling for 2013.

6/3/12, 12:08 AM   #49
billw

penn can needs a catch fence and a water truck before usac should even think about going there...but if it were prepped half way decent it could be a hell of a show

6/3/12, 8:48 AM   #50
backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billw View Post
penn can needs a catch fence and a water truck before usac should even think about going there...but if it were prepped half way decent it could be a hell of a show
wont argue cause I dont know they're water truck situation, I do know they pump water direct from river. They just ran a winged show last week, if the wingers can run there why not usac. I'm with you it would be a great show.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eastern Storm