IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Updates Right Here Tonight
5/24/12, 11:28 PM   #51
Re: Terre Haute Updates Right Here Tonight
Eatin Dirt

Thanks for the post tonight Chris.

5/24/12, 11:53 PM   #52
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider812 View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Clayton's motor? It's obvious that it started smoking and he pulled off real quick. Hope it's not hurt real bad

Posted via Mobile Device
Think they are on a shoestring budget............Did not look good...........

5/24/12, 11:56 PM   #53
Don 65s

Anyone have the mod finish? Thanks Chris for taking the time to give updates.

5/25/12, 12:26 AM   #54
clark9c

Gilpin won 1s was second then either krammer or a X car was third, schrader was 5th or 6th all in all a good feature put on by the mods

Posted via Mobile Device

5/25/12, 12:28 AM   #55
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

modified top ten

1. devin gilpin
2. Brian shaw
3. Jesse Snyder
4. Joey Kramer
5. Jacob poel
6. Ken schrader
7. Danny Schwartz
8. Kenny Carmichael
9. mike bechelli
10. colin thirlby

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Jimmydiesel, jjones776, racegal
5/25/12, 1:19 AM   #56
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Not to get off on a tangent, but if folks who follow the sport closely enough to be logged on to a website like this can't figure out the format, how in the heck does USAC expect the casual fan to follow along?

That is such a good point it should have it's own thread...or even it's own TV show...hahaha

Nothing against USAC...I am sure they have their reasons....but what exactly was wrong with the old format? fully inverted heats, top 4 transfer then take 6 outta the B...all cars in the show get their time back with a top 6 invert...the only hole in that format was that somebody could sandbag timetrials just in the hopes of winning or staying in the top 4 of a heat and making the show...but man the heat races were awesome to watch with the full invert

5/25/12, 1:32 AM   #57
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
Not to get off on a tangent, but if folks who follow the sport closely enough to be logged on to a website like this can't figure out the format, how in the heck does USAC expect the casual fan to follow along?
Seems pretty simple to me once explained.

5/25/12, 5:49 AM   #58
flatout

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
That is such a good point it should have it's own thread...or even it's own TV show...hahaha

Nothing against USAC...I am sure they have their reasons....but what exactly was wrong with the old format? fully inverted heats, top 4 transfer then take 6 outta the B...all cars in the show get their time back with a top 6 invert...the only hole in that format was that somebody could sandbag timetrials just in the hopes of winning or staying in the top 4 of a heat and making the show...but man the heat races were awesome to watch with the full invert
Actually, I like this new format. Makes drivers get up on the wheel for the heat races and mixes things up for the feature. It makes the heat races mean something. It is not really any more complicated than what you just wrote up. Explaining sprint car qualifying/inversion/lineup process to a newbie has always been a bit challenging. Now keeping up with all of the different formats across the sanctioning bodies can leave one with a headache.

2 members like this post: GregD, tamati
5/25/12, 6:12 AM   #59
arctic monkey21

I really wasn't a fan of the format where transfers from the B main got their time back and could be in the top 6. I believe there should be a reward for transfering straight from the heats and this format does it. No matter what format you have, its going to confuse people unless you start everything straight up.

2 members like this post: GregD, Seadog
5/25/12, 7:25 AM   #60
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Actually, I like this new format. Makes drivers get up on the wheel for the heat races and mixes things up for the feature. It makes the heat races mean something. It is not really any more complicated than what you just wrote up. Explaining sprint car qualifying/inversion/lineup process to a newbie has always been a bit challenging. Now keeping up with all of the different formats across the sanctioning bodies can leave one with a headache.
Maybe you can explain to my wife, and the two Austrailian guys, who sat in front of us, how Levi finishes second in his heat and starts 19th in the feature.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Updates Right Here Tonight