IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville updates
5/21/12, 3:07 PM   #11
nailer

Guess I didn't have my rose colored glasses on. Didn't see the same race you did .

Posted via Mobile Device

5/21/12, 3:54 PM   #12
zeromotorsports

The track was super slick

Posted via Mobile Device

5/21/12, 4:16 PM   #13
Re: Belleville updates
mortboyz

From my point of view, yeah the track was hard and slick from pretty much top to bottom, much like late summer. But after all, it was 90 degrees Friday and the track still had a top and bit of bottom to it. The first 20 laps between Bubba Altig and Brad Loyet was some of the best stuff I've seen in a long time...anywhere! Sorry some of the folks missed that.

...and yeah it was kinda cool to see Dandy Don Klein run once again. I first saw him racing nearly 35 years ago.

5/21/12, 4:25 PM   #14
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
From my point of view, yeah the track was hard and slick from pretty much top to bottom, much like late summer. But after all, it was 90 degrees Friday and the track still had a top and bit of bottom to it. The first 20 laps between Bubba Altig and Brad Loyet was some of the best stuff I've seen in a long time...anywhere! Sorry some of the folks missed that.

...and yeah it was kinda cool to see Dandy Don Klein run once again. I first saw him racing nearly 35 years ago.
Phew thanks Morty. I'm glad I wasnt the only one wearing rose colored glasses. For awhile I was contemplating getting a seeing eye dog for my next trip to Little Belleville,and maybe even taking a class in reading Braille....

And thanks for all the Don Klein trivia the other night. I now know that he is so much of a Ford fan that he has 2 sons named Henry and Edsel. A dog named V-8 60 a cat named 351 Cleveland,and his favorite vacation spot is Mustang Oklahoma!! I left Little Belleville a lot smarter than what I came there knowing !!
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 5/21/12 at 4:26 PM.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
5/21/12, 5:54 PM   #15
nailer

Never said Brad didn't put on a show.
Talked to him an told him so.
Of the 30 to 40 times I have been to Belleville. I can only think of one time it was worse. That was the Race for Life a couple years ago. It was a dust bowl then.

Dave Dobbs

Posted via Mobile Device

5/21/12, 6:03 PM   #16
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
At Peoria the guy parked next to me when asked how the race at Little Belleville was,he replied "It was dusty."
If that guy thought it was dusty, he should have been in the pits at Peoria! I've never been that dirt-laden after a race, but I had a truly good time, saw some good racing, and got back to Bloomington (Illinois, darn it ) at a reasonable time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville updates