IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > update on burg ?????
5/20/12, 1:25 AM   #11
Re: update on burg ?????
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Short and Sweet version and brutally honest.

Track during heats sucked, Darland was able to snag third after starting 8th and they got worse from there. Not that it was rough, Just places of smoothness then moisture which caused the cars to buck all over when they grabbed.

Pack in track before consi's.

For the fifth consecutive week, BEST DARN RACING EVER! Three grooves and three wide in every class.

Sprints, Hagen/Ballou swap lead a couple times early with hunter in the mix finally looking like he's got the Watchamacallit Chassis worked out. Darland started 7fth but he's coming and up to fourth. Friend walks up and says Bacons passed ten cars in ten laps. I look down, Bacon on hook for flat. Restarts at tail.

Restart, Darland monster slides Hunter and grabs third. Bacon up to 10th and coming. Another restart, I comment to a friend that watch this slider DD will put on Ballou, Heck, He slidejobed both Ballou and Hagen and grabbed the lead, never to be touched again. Ballou and Hagen and Hunter mixed it up with Bacon up to fifth. Hunter involved in incident with Lapper on lap 23 in the longest non serious accident I'v ever seen (Started at Flagstand and ended in center of 1/2)) Nobody got upside down but Hunter did scrub the wall and had damage. Restart Balllou Hagen battleing, Boesplug on a tear up to fourth. He wrestles by both of them for Second and seemed like he was faster than DD at the end, But who knows how hard DD was running as time ran out. Bacon had snagged third from Ballou as Hagen had slid back but Ballou got back around Bacon on the final corner of the final lap for third.

FLAT FREAKING AWESOME!

Mods Featured Scotty Kincaid and Groomer battling for the first ten laps after Some driver from NC had to restart on the tail from a lap one incident. Kincaid winning hand-idly as some driver from NC working toward front. Some driver from NC Wins, Kincaid wins against the regulars and Groomer third.

Thanks Schrader for coming back, It was a all out clinic.

Street stocks feature was awesome abiet Caution ridden.

One last thing, Boespflug and Bacon have to be the two most under rated sprint drivers out there. I'll even add Ballou to this list. Both him and Chad were out there pretty much on their own dime and ran awesomely.

Thats all for now, Thanks Rudy for another Excellent night at the Burg.

5/20/12, 8:47 AM   #12
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWX 9929 View Post
Suprised there were only 23 cars.
ONLY 23 cars??!! You've got to love the embarrassment of riches that is Indiana non-wing sprint car racing.

2 members like this post: racegal, SPRINTCAR
5/20/12, 8:51 AM   #13
DHayes818

DD looked unbeatable. BB was fun to watch come from the back...flying. Would have been quite a battle between the two of them.
Come on Mod guys, you have to put on a better show than that. TERRIBLE. 6 cautions in 20 laps? Seemed endless. Thank God there was only 15 of them there! I was looking the wrong way on the cool down lap. Was KS spun into the infield grass intentionally? Sure looked like it, maybe not. Pure stocks were the comic relief for the night.

2 members like this post: rachasin, SteveD
5/20/12, 8:53 AM   #14
smith19

only 23 cars but 20 of the best dam drivers in the land. i'll take that any day. chuck was right on, the feature's were off the chain in all classes. now off to winchester...

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/20/12, 12:55 PM   #15
kawkaw2

What did happen with Ken after the Mod feature and by whom?

5/20/12, 1:57 PM   #16
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I hope someone took pictures!

5/20/12, 3:08 PM   #17
Sprintcarfanatic

T-Mez, Moffit & Soudrette was at Waynesfield from what I read.

5/20/12, 7:46 PM   #18
Tim Thomas

Nothing happened to Schrader after he won the race. He turned in the frt stretch runoff to go to winners circle and realized that he had to go to the scales first or be DQ'd. Made a hard left thru the gravel and infield to go to the scales. No contact with anyone.

5/20/12, 8:07 PM   #19
wtvwrocks

For those of you that don't have a facebook or twitter account - you can still view the page we have and see updates - you don't have to set up your own. Our page is a public page so it is open to everyone regardless. All you have to do is follow the links below and if it's facebook refresh the page to see updates - if it's twitter that typically refreshes on it's own. If you have a facebook or twitter page obviously we hope that you'll "like" us or "follow" us because it helps with sponsors, but if that's not your thing you can still see the updates we do.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/robertballoumotorsports it will take you to a "welcome" page - but if you just click on "wall" to the left it will show you all the latest updates we post

https://twitter.com/#!/robertballou81

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, FishBurger, racegal
5/21/12, 1:33 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I gotta edit my memory a bit. DD after grabbing third on a Bomb of a Slider on Hunter attempted to get both Ballou and Hagen with the same slide job after another restart. He did get Ballou on the first one but it was a couple laps later when he made one stick on Hagen.

At times there were three wide racing for the lead, For second, For third, Four fourth, ect. All the more amazing that Bacon came from either the tail, or near the tail to 4th, And Boespflug from 12th to 2nd.

There was maybe one car in that field that wasn't a legit threat to win. AMAZING..

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > update on burg ?????