IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dan Bowlen / Allen Barr photos
5/7/12, 8:45 PM   #1
Dan Bowlen / Allen Barr photos
cars5752

I've got a sprint car that is supposedly one of the first two car that Lloyd Shores built. It's a transverse spring front/torsion rear. Built in Dec. 1971, Dan took one and Allen drove the other. Would anyone have any photo's of these guys back from 1972. Obviously I'd sure like to know which one I have, but it would be great just to see the originals. Many thanks!

Posted via Mobile Device

5/7/12, 9:47 PM   #2
Re: Dan Bowlen / Allen Barr photos
Speedwrench

The car you have is more like the third or forth car Lloyd built, at minimum. He and his brother Jack put a car together for the 1968 season that ran one year. For 1969 they built a spring front/cross rear that Allen ran for several seasons and won one or two track championships at Paragon.

The car you have was one of two identical cars. Lloyd was to run one with Danny Bowlen driving ( number 42 ) and Jack was to run the second car ( number 41 ) with Allen in the seat. I'm not sure what happened but neither team made to the end of the first season.

Your car should have provision for parallel front torsion bars like a Lefler car. Both cars were built that way but must have had problems because they got changed to springs after just a few shows.

5/11/12, 11:10 PM   #3
Bradleyracing86

Dan Bowlen is my next door neighbor. I will ask if he has any pictures.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/13/12, 10:25 PM   #4
cars5752

Thanks for the info folks, any photo's would be awesome. I'd post a photo of the car as I now have it, but I don't see anything in this forum that addresses how to add an attachment.

Dave

Posted via Mobile Device

5/16/12, 11:05 AM   #5
gninc

Does anyone out there know about how many offset roadster supermodifieds Lloyd Shores built in the mid seventies. And whether he numbered or kept any records of them.

5/18/12, 8:12 PM   #6
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

I don`t think lloyd build any supermodified. He copied a pavement roadster for galen fox back in the 70`s. That car was build by grant king i believe. He only build one or two. I have scott shores phone number if you want it.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Dan Bowlen / Allen Barr photos