IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fans Opportunity To Honor The Greatest
5/1/12, 7:02 PM   #1
Fans Opportunity To Honor The Greatest
Kevin Miller

Saturday, May 19th will be a very special evening for USAC fans. We want to invite everyone out to join us in a fans induction ceremony at Indianapolis Raceway Park for the USAC Hall of Fame Classic race, where we will host the Legends and their families in a fan salute to their storied USAC past.

Come out for a great night of racing, featuring a 100 lap Silver Crown event. Just prior to the feature, we will introduce our inaugural class for the new USAC Hall of Fame. Inductees for 2012 are Mario Andretti, A.J. Foyt, Tom Binford., Roger McCluskey, Tony Hulman, Jimmy Bryan, Duane Carter, J.C. Agajanian, along with four more drivers to be named this week!

We have confirmed the daughter of USAC's first winning driver. Jimmy Bryan, will join us for the weekend.

We hope you can make this very, very special event. Attached is a printable $5 discount coupon for all our IOW friends.
Attached Images
hofiow.009.jpg (184.5 KB, 186 views)

5/1/12, 9:37 PM   #2
short track scott

I really Mr. Big is among those four names to which Kevin referred.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by short track scott; 5/1/12 at 9:54 PM.

5/1/12, 9:43 PM   #3
Re: Fans Opportunity To Honor The Greatest
SPRINTCAR

Gary and Larry (Show) Tom Bigelow. Jack Hewitt?

5/1/12, 10:23 PM   #4
racephoto1

It ain't no hall of fame if Rich Vogler isn't in the first class.

5/1/12, 10:44 PM   #5
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

I know when I voted Vogler and Hewitt were both on my ballot.....there are a lot that deserve but not everyones a 1st ballot memeber

2 members like this post: John P Huss, Pat O'Connor Fan
5/1/12, 11:30 PM   #6
racephoto1

With 134 National wins,second only to AJ,and 170 total USAC wins, I don't see Rich not making it on the first ballot.

3 members like this post: Jackslash.com, jim goerge, ossuks
5/2/12, 2:15 PM   #7
SprintManDave

I would also like to see Mel Kenyon ,and Tom Bigelow in the Hall.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
5/2/12, 4:41 PM   #8
darnall

I voted for Vogler, Kenyon and Hewitt on that Facebook fan vote poll....picked Bigelow for my 4th vote but I commented that I truly felt that Robbie Stanley should have been one of the options available to vote for....the boy practically turned the sprintcar world on its ear in a hurry before he met his untimely demise... 3 back to back to back USAC sprintcar championships in his first 3 full seasons with USAC...along with the All Star Circuit of Champions title the year before he started running USAC in his first full season points chase there....the first 3 titles came in a very low dollar family owned team..then the Hoffman team scooped him up and they went on a tear for his 3rd consecutive USAC title.

I read a funny story about his All Stars title, apparently Simpson had a program that awarded every champion of every major racing series with a brand new helmet....when Robbie called to claim his prize he talked directly to Bill Simpson and he nor anybody else at the company had ever even heard of Robbie Stanley, they had no idea that he had won the All Stars title, and they actually thought somebody was trying to scam them out of a new helmet....haha...after a few phone calls everything checked out and Robbie was given his helmet.

Such a talent and such a great person...RIP Robbie and I hope and pray that sometime soon he gets the recognition he earned in such a brief career and gets his name in the USAC Hall of Fame.

5/2/12, 4:55 PM   #9
monkeyboy

Vogler not making it is a sham. A world renowned author and myself waxed a little sympathetic over Rich after btown sprint week. The only other usac driver better is the worlds greatest auto racing chauffeur. Supertex!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: ossuks
5/2/12, 7:25 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

Vogler was my all time favorite, but I can't find any one in the group who dosen't deserve the honor. This is a good thing, and probably should have been done years ago. Lets not turn it into another internet whine fest.

5 members like this post: duel, Kansasdirtfan, PAW, USAC
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fans Opportunity To Honor The Greatest