IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mark Perry's Wild Ride at the Action Track
4/26/12, 10:34 AM   #41
BAsprintcar

A ton of people are wanting to know if they need to get a new helmet for this weekend or if it the driver just forgot to tighten it? Mark this is a very serious matter please let us know

Posted via Mobile Device

4/26/12, 11:27 AM   #42
mscs20

No helmet yet to inspect, but I did talk to the guy pitted next to him. Both straps were still perfect and he had no burn marks under his chin. You make your conclusions.

Steve

CEO of Bell did talk to Mark and his dad. They agreed to send the helmet in. Hopefully they do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by mscs20; 4/26/12 at 11:59 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, KRJoyce1
4/26/12, 12:01 PM   #43
BAsprintcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Thats two totally uncalled for ASSUMED remarks.

Mark, was it the strap broke or slipped the D rings? It is possible if the strap is worn as the actual threads are what hold it in the D rings.

I know my Motorcycle helmet if you pivot the rings a certain way, The belt will slide, But I don't see how this can happen unless they came into contact with something else.

Just wondering.

Man I guess I'm right Charles.. He just forgot to strap it!

Mark It's not cool at all to blame a product when u dont even know the proper use of it. Maybe you should contact bell on how to fasten your helmet or even Krj race products and they can teach you the proper way to fasten your helmet.

Posted via Mobile Device

4/26/12, 2:12 PM   #44
Re: Mark Perry's Wild Ride at the Action Track
racer-x

Thanks for printing what sounds like the truth!! Im glad like all you others that he is safe but if the straps are still secured on the helmet and a d ring didnt break the only other way it could have done this is if he didnt tighten it! Nothing like going through the court system of some of the smart IOW members!

1 member likes this post: BAsprintcar
4/26/12, 2:28 PM   #45
Knoke77

I'm pretty sure that the only person who should be making assumptions or conculsions about this topic is Mark himself. Let Mark and his dad deal with Bell regarding what did or didn't happen with the helmet and just be thankful that you guys will get to see him race again someday. If they want to share more data with you folks, more power to them, but why all the hate towards Mark when it was his butt out there trying to put on a show for you guys!!

4/26/12, 3:28 PM   #46
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Time to move on... I'm glad Mark is ok!!

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mark Perry's Wild Ride at the Action Track