IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mark Perry's Wild Ride at the Action Track
4/23/12, 3:40 PM   #21
thebus79h

I saw a video somewhere where t-mez was putting his helmet on and the strap came out of the helmet all together. Don't remember what kind of helmet it was, but it definitely shouldn't happen.

I have never hung my helmet by the straps, or anything like that for the fear of them pulling out from the helmet. Doesn't happen often, but this is proof that it can happen. And didn't Gardner's helmet come off at gas city few years ago?

Very scary incident and glad mark is OK.

Posted via Mobile Device

4/23/12, 6:04 PM   #22
Re: Mark Perry's Wild Ride at the Action Track
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beas1042 View Post
Awesome shots Bubba, maybe we can talk Mr. Gardner into adding Photograph/Photographer of the Year.
If there needs to be a second, I second it.

4/23/12, 6:09 PM   #23
D.O.

I would suggest that Mark sends his helmet back to Bell so they can check it. The D rings when the strap is run proper thru them only tighten when pulled on, plus the Bell visor does have a lock down feature so it doesnt fly open. I'm sure they would like to check it and would help Mark out if it is bad. Most companys do.
The Tmez helmet was because the painter didn't assemble it back properly so that wasn't a failure of the helmet.
Good to hear he is ok and hope to see you on the track soon again.

1 member likes this post: fish
4/23/12, 6:17 PM   #24
wideopen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
I would suggest that Mark sends his helmet back to Bell so they can check it. The D rings when the strap is run proper thru them only tighten when pulled on, plus the Bell visor does have a lock down feature so it doesnt fly open. I'm sure they would like to check it and would help Mark out if it is bad. Most companys do.
The Tmez helmet was because the painter didn't assemble it back properly so that wasn't a failure of the helmet.
Good to hear he is ok and hope to see you on the track soon again.
A helmet painter should never have to remove the straps...I have Simpson send the bare shell to my painter the back to Simpson for assembly. I trust the artist to make them look great but Simpson and only Simpson to keep me Safe!

I Don't see how its possible that the strap came lose in Marks crash.. It never happened to me and if it was in fact tight and ran through the rings properly I wouldn't think it could do anything but tighten unless it broke... Mark is very luck... God was watching out for you dude!

1 member likes this post: D.O.
4/23/12, 7:15 PM   #25
mrmark
Inactive Member

i have no clue of what happen with my helmet strap. ill have to ask bell that question. but could have killed me

4/23/12, 7:36 PM   #26
BAsprintcar

Dude you just forgot to strap it. Don't blame them

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: mayor31
4/23/12, 8:04 PM   #27
beas1042

Really!!!!! you forget where you parked your car, you forget to zip your fly, you don't forget to fasten your helmet. Glad to hear you doing OK Mark, scary stuff......

4/23/12, 8:39 PM   #28
racer-x

Mark Both straps are secured on the inside of the helmet. Can you tell us if one of the straps failed or was it the d-rings? This is kinda a head scratcher? Im glad you are sharing this with us and also glad your ok!

4/23/12, 8:42 PM   #29
BAsprintcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by beas1042 View Post
Really!!!!! you forget where you parked your car, you forget to zip your fly, you don't forget to fasten your helmet. Glad to hear you doing OK Mark, scary stuff......
How many times has this happend? You think if it's happend b4 we would have seen it right? We will find out soon when bell gets the helmet. He forgot to tighten it and then bashes bell for it

Posted via Mobile Device

4/23/12, 9:00 PM   #30
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!! quit blaming him... Hes still alive and that's all that matters.... Glad your okay mark......

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mark Perry's Wild Ride at the Action Track