IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Goodbye to Speed TV?
4/4/12, 2:23 PM   #1
Goodbye to Speed TV?
Vukie

Will Fox launch all-sports network?

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...x-channel.aspx

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer
4/4/12, 2:42 PM   #2
Re: Goodbye to Speed TV?
Seadog

Losing Speed would be about the same to me as losing the Oprah Winfrey Network. With the programming it has, who cares?

4/4/12, 2:54 PM   #3
indybail

While I'm not into all of Speed's programming, I have no doubt what programming I do enjoy would suffer under this proposal.

3 members like this post: SpfldMile, SprintcarZF
4/4/12, 3:19 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

In my opinion, a move away from auto racing into a multi sport network would open the door for NASCAR to either buy a network or start their own. If that is the case, is the world ready for more Darrell & Mikey Waltrip, Larry McReynolds, Jeff Hammond and the rest of the "experts" telling us all how great the racing there really is?

If they own their own network, they will have a massive amount of air space to fill. The only positive that I could see, would be if they expanded the coverage of the K & N East & West series along with the Whelen Modified Tour schedule.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: ronmil, Seadog, SprintManDave, SprintRacer4
4/4/12, 3:23 PM   #5
TQ29m

Just a thought, it seems like to me, that Direct TV is shooting themselves in the foot, trying to tell Fox network what they can, and cannot do, I have Comcast, had/tried all the others, except MetroNet, Comcast is a bit pricey, but at least I can get service, which a lot of them offer, but fail to provide. I'll admit, if SPEED were the only channel available, I'd probably install a port-a-john, and spend my reading time in there, however, it isn't, and they do have some programs of interest to me on there, only a few weeks ago, I learned that if you were out of anti-seize, Maylox works as well, or better, now that makes you wonder if you should take Maylox, or anti-seize for your tummy ache! Bob!

4/4/12, 3:24 PM   #6
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I don't know if I could survive without all my reality based SpeedTV programs.

3 members like this post: badgerfan, koolaid89, Mud Packer
4/4/12, 3:30 PM   #7
JETFXR

I wonder when Lucas Oil is going to launch the Mav Tv they have been promoting at their shows.Sure would like to see more of the Mav TV girls

3 members like this post: Hotshoe65s, koolaid89, Wayne Davis
4/4/12, 3:50 PM   #8
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETFXR View Post
I wonder when Lucas Oil is going to launch the Mav Tv they have been promoting at their shows.Sure would like to see more of the Mav TV girls
I think it depends on where you live and who your provider is as to whether you get it or not.MavTV Looks like Dish network carries it.

4/4/12, 3:51 PM   #9
duel

Could speed survive if they showed all types of live and taped races only? Wasn't that the original concept. I know most on here would watch a couple hours a day.

1 member likes this post: SOROKACH35FAN
4/4/12, 7:58 PM   #10
big3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
I think it depends on where you live and who your provider is as to whether you get it or not.MavTV Looks like Dish network carries it.
what channel on dish???

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Goodbye to Speed TV?