IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT-3/2 Storms
3/2/12, 6:22 PM   #1
OT-3/2 Storms
Gregg

I hope all is well with everyone in the affected areas.

Four dead in Holton, Indiana about midway between Lawrenceburg and North Vernon.

Dave Rudisell reports debris in his yard as a results of the storms.

Louisville hard hit.

Be safe everyone.
Last edited by Gregg; 3/2/12 at 6:30 PM.

3/2/12, 6:26 PM   #2
Re: OT-3/2 Storms
JordanBlanton

From what I'm seeing on the news, just across the river in Indiana got it worse than we did in Louisville (though I haven't been out yet, and the worst in Kentucky was a bit south of my apartment). Jefferson County in Indiana has 4 confirmed deaths, Henryville Indiana appears to be destroyed, with 1 confirmed death.

3/2/12, 6:28 PM   #3
Gregg

All kinds of severe storm cells east of Cincinnati. I hope our good buddies the Mugivans are okay.

3/3/12, 10:13 PM   #4
rkbrewer83

I live in Sellersburg,IN just south of Henryville but grew up in the Palmyra/Pekin area. I spent today assisting the Palmyra Fire Dept with cleanup efforts in Pekin. Words just cannot describe the devastation caused by this storm. I consider myself a tough guy, having raced all types of vehicles over the last 18 years including non-wing sprint cars, but seeing the effects in person just makes me want to cry! Simply heartbreaking....

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/3/12, 10:40 PM   #5
treecitytornado

It is a terrible deal here and surrounding states, so many injured or even dead, and so much devastation!

Posted via Mobile Device

3/3/12, 10:58 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The Terrible thing ect has already been said,

What I can say is Donate to Red Cross, Salvation Army and specify area, I know you can do that with Salvation Army.

It would also be nice if somehow at No Way out a collection could be taken and donated.

Not just money is needed, Im sure locals would apreciate any help you could give, Clothing, Food ect.

Best wishes to all.
Chuck

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/4/12, 8:56 AM   #7
racer-x

a man and his best friend.jpg This picture says it all. A man that just lost his home and everything else but found the one thing that meant the most to him..

3/4/12, 9:33 AM   #8
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.NWS is reporting that two tornadoes hit Henryville.The Red Cross and several TV stations are accepting donations to help.
A little one one was found yesterday, alive, but sent to the L-Ville Hospital.She lost her entire family in the tornadoes.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/4/12, 10:15 AM   #9
IndyBound

Just saw a report about that precious little baby Dan, they said she is in critical condition. My thoughts and prayers are with her, her name is Angel and all those effected by these deadly storms.

Patti

3/4/12, 1:48 PM   #10
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.NWS is reporting that two tornadoes hit Henryville.The Red Cross and several TV stations are accepting donations to help.
A little one one was found yesterday, alive, but sent to the L-Ville Hospital.She lost her entire family in the tornadoes.
Without actually announcing anyone, just asking a few people, there is three of us going to try to get down to Henryville, with two other maybes. We have a 15 passenger van already, I hope we fill it up. Hoping to go on a Saturday. We will be volunteering with Samaritans Purse.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT-3/2 Storms