IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DW, the worst announcer ever
2/28/12, 4:22 PM   #21
Re: DW, the worst announcer ever
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
[/COLOR]openwheelKT
USAC does not mention the accomplishments of a driver outside of its own sanction. He, or she, may be a five-time champion of an other sanctioning body, say NAMAR or WoO or ARDC, but it is never mentioned -- and has not been for decades. The only exception I've seen with this is so they can identify themselves with a group like NASCAR.

Unfortunately, that's true with most sanctioning bodies.
There is a difference in not mentioning something (agree they aren’t going to talk about other series…it’s not their job...they work for Nascar) and just pulling things out of the air to benefit the broadcast. “This is the biggest race in America all year”, is not a true fact. When they talk about the Safer Barrier, Nascar gets most of the credit. Again, that’s not a true fact. Not their job to mention Stewart is an IRL champion, doesn’t benefit them to. I’m not talking about that. Talking about just pulling things out of the air and spinning them to Nascar’s benefit. That’s just using non-facts to try and prove something. That’s what I’m talking about. Don’t claim/state things that aren’t true. I watch a lot of other forms of racing and I don’t see them being covered that way. Not really a fan, but Kyle Petty is about the only one that isn’t a Nascar shill. He’s one of the few that tells them when they’re wrong.

4 members like this post: dirtball, speed bump, Xflagman
2/28/12, 5:46 PM   #22
REH24

You have to admit that you did learn things with McReynolds and DW. McReynolds told you where the rear end was located and DW talked about how Danica taught the drivers about bringing their arms up to their chests when wrecking but then later on in the broadcast mentioned that the drivers have been that for several years. Very educational commentors, thank goodness for the mute button.

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

2/28/12, 6:07 PM   #23
old time Hoosier

'DW the worst announcer of all time' I have listened to race track announcers, TV announcers and radio announcers since hector was a pup and DW is well prepared, full of useful knowledge, can explain the nuances of drivers and cars, has energy in his voice, creates an enthusiasm of viewers with his rapid fire 'silliness' and can tell listeners / viewers what its really all about out there because he was a driver. I have yet to hear a sprint car, midget or Indy car announcer who has that complete of a package when they announce. Sprint car and midget racing needs a DW type to build that same hype and following and NASCAR should be thankful they have people like DW beating the drums for them.

3 members like this post: otispoole, racephoto, Russ
2/28/12, 6:22 PM   #24
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
DW is paid to create drama during the broadcast. Looks to me like he did just that.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I like it when the drama is created on the track, not in the booth.

---------- Post added at 5:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by old time Hoosier View Post
Sprint car and midget racing needs a DW type.
I just might throw up.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, ronmil
2/28/12, 8:32 PM   #25
Jonr

How many people caught the comment when the jet dryer was fully on fire, "if the real wheels wern't burnt up, maybe someone could get in the truck and drive it off of the track"

That one made my head spin almost as much as the Jimmy/Danica comment.

6 members like this post: bus man, dirtball, flatout18, mowerman, Phylo82, ronmil
2/28/12, 10:29 PM   #26
leonhaupt

redneck with a supercharger.

2/29/12, 9:52 AM   #27
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
For all you na-sayers the track was already blocked when she wrecked. She had no where to go. If you all think it's easy to be an announcer get your butt up in the booth for a NASCAR race. You got to know what your talking about. fortunately for fans like me I don't have to see you in the announcers booth talking and have no idea what you are talking about. The Way Danica threw her hands up and how she held them is what they where referring too. Not just throwing them up and taking her hands off the wheel. If anyone's a jerk it's sounds like you all!

He didn't tell you about the prayer that goes along with these arm jestures.

Lord I got us in here, now please you get us out : AMEN

2/29/12, 12:27 PM   #28
rr826mh

Id rather listen to Johnny Gibson all day than dink wad DW. Had to work when duels were on so watched em on nascar.com had a lil chat box thing where all the nascar fans loved watching it on there, cuz all they could hear was engines and no DW. Also amazes me when they go to Danicas on car cam when shes 60 laps down and all by her self. They dont even do that if it was Gordon,Johnson, JR Stewart etc.

2 members like this post: dirtball, sprintgal
2/29/12, 3:08 PM   #29
SPRINTCAR

I don't think we heard "boogity boogity boogity let's go racing boys" this year!!!!! Now that sounds dim witted to me.

2/29/12, 3:37 PM   #30
gary curry

The part that irks me, is when any of the announcers make the claim that NASCAR's drivers are the best in the world. Sorry, but when I watch open wheeled race cars running their hearts out on a bumpy, slick, potholed dirt track track, I would call ALL of them the best drivers in the world. Naturally, some of the NASCAR drivers did start, and occassionally, still drive on the dirt, and are the exception.

2 members like this post: dirtball, Xflagman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DW, the worst announcer ever