IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DW, the worst announcer ever
2/28/12, 9:00 AM   #11
Re: DW, the worst announcer ever
illiNOISE

Compare the announcing team we get for the Daytona 500 each year, compared to what we hear each year for the Indy 500. Years ago it was "mainstream" on-air talent like Keith Jackson and Jim McKay, while these days it's Brent Musberger. They might not be all the knowlegeable about racing, but when you get the same announcer for a race that does the Rose Bowl or Little League World Series, you know that race really is relevent.

2 members like this post: dirtball, ronmil
2/28/12, 9:13 AM   #12
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

What I hate with Nascar coverage is that they make it sound like no other racing exists outside their box. I understand their job is to prop their sport, but they give no recognition for other things when it’s due. DW said something at the start last night like, “this is the biggest race in America all season”. Really? You might want to actually get out once in a while and check on that. I don’t care that they talk up their sport, that’s their job. I just hate when they ignore facts to make their form of racing look better. I mean, I know Danica invented taking her hands off the wheel in a crash, but still….

1 member likes this post: speed bump
2/28/12, 9:26 AM   #13
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

For all you na-sayers the track was already blocked when she wrecked. She had no where to go. If you all think it's easy to be an announcer get your butt up in the booth for a NASCAR race. You got to know what your talking about. fortunately for fans like me I don't have to see you in the announcers booth talking and have no idea what you are talking about. The Way Danica threw her hands up and how she held them is what they where referring too. Not just throwing them up and taking her hands off the wheel. If anyone's a jerk it's sounds like you all!

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
2/28/12, 10:56 AM   #14
bus man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
For all you na-sayers the track was already blocked when she wrecked. She had no where to go. If you all think it's easy to be an announcer get your butt up in the booth for a NASCAR race. You got to know what your talking about. fortunately for fans like me I don't have to see you in the announcers booth talking and have no idea what you are talking about. The Way Danica threw her hands up and how she held them is what they where referring too. Not just throwing them up and taking her hands off the wheel. If anyone's a jerk it's sounds like you all!
This coming from the guy that on Oct 16,2011 page 41 of the thread {Rest in peace Dan Wheldon 2011 Indy 500 winner} typed Dan's last name, not once, not twice, but three times as WALDEN.

5 members like this post: dirtball, Jrp4554, mikeham73, speed bump, SPRINTCAR
2/28/12, 11:29 AM   #15
Bill Gardner
Administrator

DW is paid to create drama during the broadcast. Looks to me like he did just that.

3 members like this post: Dannypollock24, Jerry Spencer, leonhaupt
2/28/12, 12:00 PM   #16
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

What's a DW

2/28/12, 12:05 PM   #17
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
What's a DW
I think it is a car company in Germany that made the little "slug bugs". Or it could just be short for dim wit.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dirt330, I Miss Manzy, mowerman, ronmil
2/28/12, 12:58 PM   #18
tamale wagon

it's just a million dollar demo derby that's not very good. as for DW and MW just shut up!

1 member likes this post: ronmil
2/28/12, 1:38 PM   #19
MDposse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
What's a DW
DimWit

2 members like this post: Mud Packer
2/28/12, 2:07 PM   #20
bigmojo5

Worst ever. Not sure of that. But, some of the things DW does are just embarrassing, and detrimental to his cause.
Loved the Jimmie Johnson learned that from Danica comment. Almost as stupid as that commentor at Indy in the mid 1980s who said the car spun because the chassis was so sensitive that it was upset by running over the painted line. lolol

The line about "Did you see what Danica did?" after her crash last night showed just how prejudiced he is. All Danica did was hold on for dear life after she got crashed.

And, it was DW, not Danica, who said she had become the new face of NASCAR in just two years.

I have always held tremendous respect for DW as a driver but I become less and less of a fan each time I hear him speak. I think he's incapable of realizing how much damage he is doing to Danica, and his own reputation, with all of his raving about her.

---------- Post added at 2:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:00 PM ----------

openwheelKT
USAC does not mention the accomplishments of a driver outside of its own sanction. He, or she, may be a five-time champion of an other sanctioning body, say NAMAR or WoO or ARDC, but it is never mentioned -- and has not been for decades. The only exception I've seen with this is so they can identify themselves with a group like NASCAR.

Unfortunately, that's true with most sanctioning bodies.

3 members like this post: dirtball, Mud Packer, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DW, the worst announcer ever