IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica patrick
2/26/12, 12:53 PM   #41
Re: Danica patrick
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSr1 View Post
Little jerk Cole Witt takes out another one, that is what is good at. That is a crime for money and rough driving got him in NASCAR.
Not denying Cole had good funding from Red Bull. I just don't remember him being a dirty driver, at least not when I saw him. Care to give a couple of examples? Not including Daytona, which was a bad move.

2/26/12, 1:13 PM   #42
racephoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pletchfan View Post
I am with shortbus on this one. I am NOT a Danica hater by any stretch but I do not like it that she is all they talk about like she is the only one on the track. I am just sick of hearing about her. There may be a battle for the lead and a good one and she is running 25th or something stupid and they will be talking about her and how good she is managing etc etc. When she is running up front talk about her, when others are running up there, HELLO talk about them....
You're just refusing to accept if for just what it is. Marketing a female driver will bring more fans into the sport which will make the series more sound financially.

Then the drivers (ALL OF THEM) can continue making a great living.

It isn't just putting a couple hundred ladies in the seats either. If Danica has any type of success, it means hundreds of thousands of women will pay more attention to NASCAR. That, in turn, will draw more and new sponsors and the impact will be international too.

Indy Car lost a huge marketing draw when she left. Whether you like NASCAR or not, you need to realize they do a superb job of marketing their product. Just look at how many hours of TV were dedicated to the Daytona 500 alone. Just about every major newspaper in the country has a media rep down there.

So, just quit focusing on the media attention she generates. If you like NASCAR, then hope any success she has makes the series stronger.

If you don't like NASCAR, then why are you even watching????

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, BrentTFunk, Kansasdirtfan
2/26/12, 1:48 PM   #43
leonhaupt

Million dollar baby, Directed by "Chuck Eastwood. Open in cinemas Sunday Feb. 26...

2/26/12, 2:10 PM   #44
racer-x

Ol Darryl thinks she can win the "darn race" today.. You can tell DW gets a funny feeling up his leg when he says the word "DANICA"! I think aafter the prerace interview with here he went back to his RV for a cold shower.... The only thing more annoying in the announcer booth then one Waltrip is 2 Waltrips!!!
I think there are going to be a bunch of ugly wrecks today and i hope EVERYONE in the field walks away from them safely...

1 member likes this post: mowerman
2/26/12, 2:16 PM   #45
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
...I think the haters are just mad Smoke and Jr are gettin all that action

Posted via Mobile Device
Actually I heard a lot about Smoke but not too much about Ricky Stenhouse Jr. I just hope that all changes when he becomes the second rookie in a row to win the Daytona 500.

4 members like this post: flatout18, I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, speed bump
2/26/12, 2:29 PM   #46
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Actually, they are probably more upset they are not getting the action from Tony and JR.
How long will it be before the rumors are flying pertaining to your comment?

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

2/26/12, 2:34 PM   #47
sprinthead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSr1 View Post
Little jerk Cole Witt takes out another one, that is what is good at. That is a crime for money and rough driving got him in NASCAR.
Same here....please give other examples SamSr1...

Posted via Mobile Device

2/26/12, 2:38 PM   #48
REH24

This reporter from Daytona isn't lost for words about Danica.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar,wp6726

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

2/26/12, 7:22 PM   #49
bigmojo5

Whether anybody likes it or not, Danica has brought new money to the sport. I read an article a few days ago with the CEO of Go Daddy. He made the decision to sponsor Danica, not racing. That's got to be pretty frustrating for a guy like Landon Cassill, who first had the sponsorship only to see it go to JR Motorsports to get Danica in NASCAR, but few can argue the positive impact that the sponsorship has had on people who know nothing about racing.

Yes. Danica sold her soul to Go Daddy. Richard Petty sold his to STP, Mario Andretti to K-Mart and Havoline. In the 1960s, a lot of guys sold their souls for some Firestones. Guys did what was necessary to have the funding to go racing. What is Danica doing that is different? Thinking back over 40 years, I can remember a lot of drivers competing at a top level only because they had access to sponsorships. Ask A.J. about Hector Rebaque. Jim Hurtubise had a few choice words about Salt Walther.

I bet if any of those complaining about Danica had the same opportunity, they'd simply ask "what do you want me to do?" And, I wouldn't want to see any of those in a bikini. Heck, look at some of the television commercials guys like Tony Stewart and others do.

As far as Saturday's accident, it looked to me like two drivers with not a lot of experience at Daytona made a mistake. In an attempt to bump draft, Cole hit the back of Danica's car. And, Danica failed to handle the situation properly. Cole probably figured Danica was going to get on the throttle, and thus hit her the second time. She failed to do so.

Dirty driving on Cole's part? I don't think so. Inexperience? Yes.

Many of you probably didn't read Cole's reaction after the race. He said he'd have been angry also if the roles had been reversed.

I am not a Danica hater, or lover. I just think that all of the venom I see towards her make a lot of people look foolish.

The future will determine whether Danica's skills warrant the marketing, and racing, opportunities she's received. But, there is not a complainer on this website who would have turned down the same opportunities.
Last edited by bigmojo5; 2/26/12 at 7:30 PM.

2/26/12, 9:53 PM   #50
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
No one will have any further questions after they read this ... http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbade...-paid-drivers/
$12 million? What would any of us do to earn 12 really big ones? Would we do anything different than she has done?

Thanks for posting that, Richard.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica patrick