IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race Fans,Sponsors & Racers ! I need your Input
2/8/12, 12:16 PM   #1
Race Fans,Sponsors & Racers ! I need your Input
marko 66

Hello Race Fans, Sponsors & Racers, I drive for a very large school bus company. (nationwide) They are wanting to expand their charter business with school buses. ( race parties, company parties,meetings etc..) I would like to know from all of you, that if they were to sponsor an indiana open wheel team, would or could that influence any business from the racing fraternity plus the thousands of fans that do not even know about Indiana Open Wheel.I realize this is a hypothetical question, but I do want to hear what you think. I posted here, because after all this is a world wide site. Please give me some input, even if you do think I am Thank You, Mark Oholorogg
Last edited by marko 66; 2/8/12 at 12:22 PM.

2/8/12, 12:37 PM   #2
Re: Race Fans,Sponsors & Racers ! I need your Inpu
darnall

As a consumer and a racer I always do as much business as I can with any company that supports open wheel racing, especially on a local level, and I always thank somebody for their contribution or tell them that's why I chose them to deal with....I am sure there are many more fans and participants who do the same, but don't expect everybody to be that way...in this economy it is much more important for consumers to save every penny they can so low prices will win over racing loyalty many many times.

2/8/12, 3:46 PM   #3
reeserx

If your gonna support the sport I love then I'm gonna support your business. For example id never heard of fatheadz eyewear until last year as they sponsor a couple cars, looked them up and bought a very nice pair of sunglasses. So like I said you support the sport we all love then I'm sure we will support you

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: speed bump
2/8/12, 3:58 PM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I agree with all above. I remember reading a number of years ago that race fans tended to be more supportive of sponsors than fans of other sports. I certainly am. I encourage them to sponsor a team.

2/8/12, 5:05 PM   #5
Beer Goggles

With the cost of gas being projected to be $4 per gallon by this Summer,
have you thought of running a fan bus from Indy to major USAC races ?

1 member likes this post: agar
2/8/12, 5:33 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Race fans are extremely loyal to companies that support racing especially at the local & regional level. With that being said, I think the responses you will find here on the IOW board will back that up. I personally try to support companies in my purchases that support racing. It is always wise to back that up by telling the companies that you purchase from that their support of racing is the reason you made that purchase. That allows them to further their marketing programs to include racing again.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2/8/12, 9:54 PM   #7
marko 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
With the cost of gas being projected to be $4 per gallon by this Summer,
have you thought of running a fan bus from Indy to major USAC races ?
Hello All, I truly appreciate the responses that have been given so far. Beer Goggles, I did think of this, but you have hit the nail right on the head about the $4.00 a gallon of gasoline. they are saying when it hits that it will never go below that price. Another idea that i like is sponsors taking their employees to whatever race to watch and cheer their driver and to be able to travel together on the bus or buses. we have over 200 2011 school buses. i will also let you know right now that I am a neat freak and will promise you a very clean atmosphere, and i won't care how it comes back. Please kep your thoughts coming. Thank You, Mark

2/8/12, 10:59 PM   #8
Keith5186

Get me From Indy to Gas City from Indy for $10.00 where can I get ticket. Keep us posted.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race Fans,Sponsors & Racers ! I need your Input