IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 Waynesfield Race Event Announcement
12/9/11, 3:20 PM   #1
2012 Waynesfield Race Event Announcement
Ogre

Inaugural Bob Reynolds Memorial to be held at Waynesfield. Huge payday in store for 360 Sprints.

Waynesfield OH

December 9, 2011

As winter closes in, and cold weather sets in around Ohio, the heat has been turned up on the racing scene by the promotional efforts led by Ron Hammons, Jason Fausey, and others in creating the Inaugural Bob Reynolds Memorial at Waynesfield Raceway Park on Friday September 14th and Saturday September 15th, 2012. The event will feature 2 nights of racing on the 1/3 mile Waynesfield clay oval for the Winged 360 Sprints, with preliminary events taking place on Friday and Saturday’s A Main feature paying a whopping $6000 top prize and $600 to every A Main starter. In addition to the 360 Sprints, the always exciting UMP Modifieds will join the program on Friday night, racing for a top prize of $1000 to win. On Saturday, the Waynesfield Non Wing Sprint Cars will compete for $1500 to win.

Not only does the Bob Reynolds Memorial fill the need for a big money 360 Sprint event in Ohio, it also honors the memory one of the best friends of local racing in the Northwest Ohio area. Bob Reynolds filled nearly every role in racing imaginable. He not only owned several race teams over the years, he also sponsored several teams, promoted and co-promoted racing events, and acted as an official. Bob’s legacy in racing is matched only by his legacy as a husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle, and friend.

Much like Reynolds, the folks promoting this big event bring a pedigree in 360 racing that is second to none. Ron Hammons is a very successful car owner and sponsor, who has been known to jump behind the wheel of a sprint car when he gets the itch. Jason Fausey brings years of experience as part of the Sprints on Dirt(SOD) series that predominantly runs in Michigan and Ohio. Between these two leaders of 360 racing and the countless others involved in bringing this event together, the expectations are through the roof. Add the dedication of the Waynesfield Raceway Park staff, the excitement of the UMP Modifieds and Non Wing Sprint Cars, and this event stands to be one of the biggest events of the year.

Full details and format to be released in the coming days. Stay tuned to www.waynesfieldracewaypark.com, and www.facebook.com/Waynesfield.Raceway.Park for updates.

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Mud Packer, smith19
12/9/11, 6:44 PM   #2
Re: 2012 Waynesfield Race Event Announcement
Sprintcarfanatic

Saturday night will be good for guys like Luke Hall ( Double Duty ) & I will be there both nights spectating.

12/9/11, 11:09 PM   #3
hoosierhillbilly

I wonder if the lima cars will finally show up for a great payday.

Posted via Mobile Device

12/9/11, 11:56 PM   #4
slide22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
I wonder if the lima cars will finally show up for a great payday.

Posted via Mobile Device
They don't make the pull to KC or Moler... but I'd say this should get them off the porch.

12/10/11, 12:53 AM   #5
Sprintcarfanatic

It's more or less in thier backyard, Now with this out so soon how many invaders will there be from the ESS, ASCS so on & so forth.

12/11/11, 11:46 AM   #6
FranckQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
It's more or less in thier backyard, Now with this out so soon how many invaders will there be from the ESS, ASCS so on & so forth.

Hello, just for your information, this is the same weekend as the Canadian National in Oshweken Ontario... I don't think you will see many ESS, PSG and other 360 racers from the north... That's too bad, because we went to Waynesfield from Quebec in a 360 sprint a few years ago and we really enjoyed the track... Maybe it's not too late for Waynesfield's promoter to change the dates...

12/11/11, 12:24 PM   #7
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

I read on another site that local 360 owner Ron Hammons was renting the track that weekend.Maybe that is the reason for the date selected.

12/12/11, 6:43 AM   #8
hoosierdaddy

Ron Hammons' car was to be driven by Ben Rutan at the Canadian Nationals in 2011 but Ben's rig and Ron's car were stolen form their Hotel. There is always shady stuff going on up there with traveling race teams. This is why they are starting their own deal in the states.

12/12/11, 5:23 PM   #9
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
Ron Hammons' car was to be driven by Ben Rutan at the Canadian Nationals in 2011 but Ben's rig and Ron's car were stolen form their Hotel. There is always shady stuff going on up there with traveling race teams. This is why they are starting their own deal in the states.
That is a pretty narrow minded statement as I read about race trailers getting stolen in the US all the time. Usually there is at least 5-10 posted on IOW a year. It happens everywhere. I wish them luck but running against the Canadian Nationals and the Jim Ford Classic at Fremont I don't forsee a large turn out of cars or fans.

1 member likes this post: dirtracer74
12/12/11, 11:16 PM   #10
dirtracer74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
There is always shady stuff going on up there with traveling race teams. This is why they are starting their own deal in the states.
Been to Canada to race many times. Dirt late model, and sprint car. This is the second US rig that I know that has been stolen in the last 16-17 years.

Always shady stuff? The way race teams, and sanctioning bodies are treated in Canada is why I enjoy going over there to race. South Buxton and Ohswekon Speedways work hard for the racers, and prepare their race tracks. The fans pack the stands. I just wish US customs was a little easier to deal with, or I would be going over more often.

For this race weekend, I will drive the 5 hours back to Ohswekon for the Canadain Sprint Car Nationals.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 Waynesfield Race Event Announcement