IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best place to stay in FT WAYNE
12/7/11, 11:47 AM   #1
Best place to stay in FT WAYNE
DAD

Getting ready to Rumble and never been to the great city of Ft Wayne. We hope to be there Thursday Friday and Saturday. We plan on bringing a chase vehicle.

Where can we park the tow rig that will be safe.

Where is every body else staying.

I really would like a hot tub that works and stays open late.

12/7/11, 12:32 PM   #2
Re: Best place to stay in FT WAYNE
TQ29m

DAD, we've been to the Rumble twice, raced both times, stayed at 2 different places, both quality motels, one real close to the Colliseium, the other out about 5 miles, altho still in FtWayne. If you're worried about losing your equipment, I would not take it to the Motel, if they still have the same arrangements, you can leave your trailer/hauler at the parking lot there, and at least when we went, it was watched 24-7, and you needed a pass to come and go, that way you didn't need a "chase" car, and as far as getting around Ft Wayne, it's impossible, I would compare it to Charlotte, NC, I never saw so many people going so many different directions, it was a lot more organized on the track! Good luck, you'll have fun. I read a post somewhere the other day, a native Floridian, was complaining about all the Hoosier's who come to Florida in the winter, and how they drive, and his question out of all his tirading, was, DO THEY ALL DRIVE BUICK's"! Bob!
Last edited by TQ29m; 12/7/11 at 12:37 PM.

12/7/11, 1:06 PM   #3
Tony Barhorst

There are plenty of good options on hotels. The main "racer's rate hotel over the years has been the Fort Wayne Marriott. That is where most, but not all stay. We have been adding top notch hotels to our "racer's rate" deals the last two years. If you want to stay at the Marriott over New Years Eve, you need to make your reservations asap, as they have about 15 rooms open that night. There are more rooms open December 29 and 30.

Fort Wayne is known for it's many long stop lights like most cities, but the hotels are all within 15 minutes or closer. Many good restaurants on the way. A Hooter's and Show Girls lll just down the street..

The Marriott has a large indoor pool with hot tub. They also have a good night club called Rum Runners attached to it. Most team trailers can stay in the Coliseum parking lot...but you see some at the Marriott also.

If it is not in the budget for their New Years Eve rate, or if they should sell out that night...probably the best value for the $$ is the Hampton Inn...Their rates are $65 plus tax..they have a smaller pool and hot tub..a top notch hotel. Not as much parking for trailers.

The Hyatt is located just across the road from the Marriott...another good option that will be open. They do not have a pool..but have a complimentary breakfast. Plenty of parking.

Hall's Guest House is a nice option from a respected local Fort Wayne chain of hotels and restaurants. They have plenty of parking, a smaller indoor pool and hot tub. It is a more quiet option, and I like the fireplace atmosphere.

The nice thing about the Coliseum Holiday Inn is it is across the road from the Expo Center. A higher price, but many stay there. They have a shuttle service and breakfast also. Indoor pool, etc.

There is also a Red Roof Inn at Goshen Rd, and Coliseum Blvd. They have regular rates.

HOTEL INFORMATION

Fort Wayne Marriott, 305 E. Washington Center Road, (260) 484-0411; $69 (Thur. & Fri.) $129 (Sat Dec. 31)
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ayne-marriott/

Hyatt Place, 111 W. Washington Center Road, (260) 471-8522; $69 per night (Thur. Fri. Sat.) Ask for the racers rate.
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...yn/hoteldetail

Hampton Inns & Suites, 5702 Challenger Parkway, (260) 489-0908, $65 per night (Thur. Fri. Sat.) Ask for racers rate.
http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hote...tyhocn=FWANOHX

Don Halls Guesthouse, 1313 W. Washington Center Road, (260) 489-2524, $59 (Thur. & Fri.), $99 (Sat.)
http://www.donhallsguesthouse.com/

Motel 6, 3003 W. Coliseum Blvd., (260) 482-3972; $31.99 for single or double. Ask for racers rate.

Coliseum Holiday Inn, across from Memorial Coliseum, (800) HOLIDAY, $79 (Thur. & Fri.), $129 (Sat.). Used group code CLM. Shuttle service, complimentary continental breakfast.

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...yn/hoteldetail

-30-
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 12/7/11 at 1:37 PM.

12/7/11, 2:34 PM   #4
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Getting ready to Rumble and never been to the great city of Ft Wayne. We hope to be there Thursday Friday and Saturday. We plan on bringing a chase vehicle.

Where can we park the tow rig that will be safe.

Where is every body else staying.

I really would like a hot tub that works and stays open late.
DAD, do you know yet, where you will be pitting? That makes a big difference in how much fun you'll have. Bob

12/7/11, 3:32 PM   #5
DAD

Tony, are we pitting in the FUN SECTION?

12/7/11, 4:23 PM   #6
JordanBlanton

We've stayed twice at Don Hall's Guesthouse; I would recommend it, especially considering it's a little cheaper than the others (at least it was a couple years ago).

12/7/11, 4:34 PM   #7
Tony Barhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Tony, are we pitting in the FUN SECTION?
Dad, we have you right in the FUNZONE..
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 12/7/11 at 4:35 PM.

1 member likes this post: dirtracer74
12/7/11, 5:27 PM   #8
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst View Post
Dad, we have you right in the FUNZONE..
DAD, having been there, and done that, my FUNZONE is on either end, behind the bleachers in the turns, but you usually only get lucky once, the other time we were dam near outside, not a FUNZONE in the cold. Bob!

12/7/11, 7:48 PM   #9
Sandy Lowe

If the Quality Hotel at 3330 W. Coliseum Boulevard is still open DO NOT stay there.
The world wide web isn't large enough for me to list all the reasons why.
Just trust me and go elsewhere.

I've stayed at the Marriott and Don Hall's Guest House and would recommend both of those hotels.

12/7/11, 8:35 PM   #10
sprintfan74

Do you know of a "code" that needs to be provided to receive the racers discount at the Marriott? I made reservations and was asked for a code to receive the discount. I explained I would be staying for the races but she still required a code. Without it Friday night was $114.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best place to stay in FT WAYNE