IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who Can Tell Me About This 1973 Magazine
11/19/11, 3:40 PM   #1
Who Can Tell Me About This 1973 Magazine
Vertigo

I bought them in OKC in the spring of 1973. I never saw another one after issue #3. Jack Miller, then the announcer at the Oklahoma City Fairgrounds, was the editor and publisher. I notice several John Mahoney pictures in them so he may remember.

Anyone else have one of these?

(trying to post pictures...)

(oh well, the picture thing ain't gonna happen I guess)

It was called The Speed News and was published by M-G Publications in Midwest City, OK.

Drivers on the 3 covers were Harold Leep, Jackie Howerton and Shady McWhorter.
Last edited by Vertigo; 11/19/11 at 4:06 PM.

11/19/11, 4:18 PM   #2
Re: Who Can Tell Me About This 1973 Magazine
Kansasdirtfan

If you go to the Chili Bowl, take your issues along and show them to Emmett Hahn. I'll bet he'll remember them. There's always a booth there with vintage photos from the Kansas/Oklahoma circuit. Those who staff the booth might be familiar with the publication as well.

11/21/11, 3:57 AM   #3
Re: Who Can Tell Me About This 1973 Magazine
Jimmydiesel

If I could see the cover of the mag...SPEED??????? I don't have any of those........ask Shane Carson...... I DO HAVE JACK's jacket from then when he was editor.....

"JD" Cormack

WWRF@aol.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who Can Tell Me About This 1973 Magazine