IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New sprint car book
10/31/11, 5:37 PM   #11
Re: New sprint car book
Andrew S. Quinn

Any biographies or non fiction books in the future for us that dont read fiction? AJ Watson and Willie Davis,for example arent getting any younger........

10/31/11, 8:41 PM   #12
Dave Argabright

Hi Andrew, not sure what my next project will be. I need to do a reprint of Jack Hewitt's book, and I'm hoping to get going on a book project with Larry Moore, the great late model racer who also ran USAC sprints for a while. Larry and I have talked for almost 10 years about doing a book but never could get the timing to work out right. Now it looks like we're close to getting started. Other than that I don't know...way too many projects that interest me and way too little time to pursue them all.

As for fiction...I know it's not for everybody, but it seems that we've found a group of open wheel fans who seem to really enjoy the Best of Times series. It's a blast to write, it's easily the most fun project I've ever stumbled into.

11/1/11, 5:36 AM   #13
Andrew S. Quinn

I've had friends in Australia ask about the Jack Hewitt book,so they will be happy to hear of a reprint.

Larry Moore would be ok,I've heard of him. Lately I've been reading the Richie Evans book and now on Kenny Shoemaker. I want to read about real racers,not fictional racers.Just my preference.

11/2/11, 12:59 AM   #14
jdull99

Have wanted to send a note for sometime on your writing...might as well use this forum! Have read all your "real" stories I could for years (from OW, NSSN, SC@M, etc.) but was one to avoid the "Best of Times". Having long "breaks" and without the www inside a building for over 8 hours a night, I decided to give it a shot about 2 years ago...it did everything described in http://www.daveargabright.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=53 (might as well use your words; since your so good at it...lol)!!! Way behind in my "print media" reading, but look forward to catching up on recent SC@M mags; of coarse including all your work!

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)

11/2/11, 2:35 PM   #15
Dave Argabright

Thanks Jason for the kind words. One thing I've found rewarding is when people tell me they initially dismissed the series because it was fiction, but later read a chapter, enjoyed it, and became a series follower. I respect that we all have our own tastes and preferences; but it's neat when we try different things and broaden our horizons.

We are still on track to begin shipping Sprint Car Salvation sometime between Nov. 7 and 15.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New sprint car book