IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?
10/14/11, 8:33 AM   #71
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
Rpracing1

Why woulg Kokomo even think about advertising this show. They get plenty of FREE press right here.

This argument has been going on since the mid 60's.....Sigh....

10/14/11, 9:30 AM   #72
webster7

Charging an entry fee for this event is just wrong. Or for any event locally. The O'Connors know they have the only game in town. I agree, as things have progressed through the years, it's a back gate game now. Let's see if their paying attention tonite...I will be sneaking beverages into the stands. They can only hope to contain me at the State's most fan un-friendly track.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dkdorkboy, spicoli
10/14/11, 9:42 AM   #73
treecitytornado

Ouch, I didn't know you couldn't bring coolers in the stands there, or is it just beer?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
10/14/11, 9:45 AM   #74
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

No coolers not even a spit bottle for your chew.

10/14/11, 9:52 AM   #75
Duane Hancock

Its ALL food, drink whatever, you cant even be drinking a bottle of water n walk through the gate and the guy at the gate is a major, well u know, about it too.....Plus the food sucks and is over priced so thats why the Kokomo local food stops get muy business when i head that way....

10/14/11, 10:15 AM   #76
sprinthead

So I timed how long it would take a co-worker (who knows nothing about racing) to Google Kokomo Speedway, look for the Kokomo Klash, and to see if there was any information on entry fees. It look him 15 seconds to start telling me what the fees were.

Don, when you make statements to try and prove your point and you exaggerate the hell out it, you lose credibility. Same thing goes when you say things like this.

"And last of all, please tell me why in the world I would be going to the kokomo web site in the first place. I've raced all over the country and there's no reason to go to every tracks web site (if they have one). I run several businesses, do extensive traveling, maintain three race cars, show Boxers dogs. I have an extremely busy schedule unlike some of you who apparently play with the computer all day. Congratulations but telling me that I missed it because I should have gone to some web site for something I knew nothing about is crazy"

Well I have traveled and still travel to a lot of racetracks all over the country too and before I got to a race these days, I get on their website to see what they have to say. I find out when they start, how much money it will be to get in, how far it is from my house, and so forth. I have been doing that for years now! Before it was Speed Sport News and a race track book that Mr. Brown would sell every year. Why wouldn't someone with a race car do the same thing??

For someone who is "extremely" busy to be on a computer all day, you sure have a lot of posts in one day.

I think a lot of people agree with you at times Don, but when you go off in tangents like above (and this is one of many), people don't take you serious. Maybe if you just stick with the main point you are trying to get across, more people might start listening to you. Just a friendly suggestion Don.

Jason
Last edited by sprinthead; 10/14/11 at 10:18 AM.

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
10/14/11, 10:41 AM   #77
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Just a thought,what if this event wasn't happening or ceases to happen,people could sit @ home and voice their concerns about???
Trust me Dan, they would find something to ***** about! Just wait and see what this off season will bring. The re-hash of all of the racing worlds problems, like maybe entry fees, purple tire company, low purses, promoters making millions, anything USAC, midget engines, dog doo doo, too many support classes, dust, rain, etc...etc.............................Let the good times roll.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, Duane Hancock
10/14/11, 10:57 AM   #78
backitin

Two ways to look at it I guess. I've yet to enter a car but I've entered hundreds of two wheeled races. When I was racing mx and there was 150 people in the stands but lots of racers I didnt even think twice about paying to race. When I was racing professional as a speedway racer it kinda bugged me that there were plenty of fans and not many racers and I still had to pay to race. Speedway racing is done in a fishbowl only four guys at a time, when your out on the track you are the show. I never could figure out why as a entertainer I had to pay to get in. I will however say that paying to race is better if the alternative is having no races. If a promoter is doing his job but the fan counts are still low I wouldnt have a problem paying to race. As far as not being able to bring a cooler and food in, thats a rip off. If you cant bring water in thats almost ********, imho

1 member likes this post: supdh56
10/14/11, 11:38 AM   #79
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Two ways to look at it I guess. I've yet to enter a car but I've entered hundreds of two wheeled races. When I was racing mx and there was 150 people in the stands but lots of racers I didnt even think twice about paying to race. When I was racing professional as a speedway racer it kinda bugged me that there were plenty of fans and not many racers and I still had to pay to race. Speedway racing is done in a fishbowl only four guys at a time, when your out on the track you are the show. I never could figure out why as a entertainer I had to pay to get in. I will however say that paying to race is better if the alternative is having no races. If a promoter is doing his job but the fan counts are still low I wouldnt have a problem paying to race. As far as not being able to bring a cooler and food in, thats a rip off. If you cant bring water in thats almost ********, imho
My "sediments exactly"! Bob!

10/14/11, 12:44 PM   #80
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Trust me Dan, they would find something to ***** about! Just wait and see what this off season will bring. The re-hash of all of the racing worlds problems, like maybe entry fees, purple tire company, low purses, promoters making millions, anything USAC, midget engines, dog doo doo, too many support classes, dust, rain, etc...etc.............................Let the good times roll.
You forgot the bikers See you in a bit.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?