IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?
10/13/11, 3:27 PM   #51
Re: Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair
burris7555

Hey JT Send me your paypal and I'll pay your entry fee. If you make the show and get your "start money" you pay my 30 beans back. If, not use the cash you saved to buy you some flapjacks at the Ihop on your trip back home...

BTW DT-3 is the spec tire, waiting for the thread started complaining about the tires used too....

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, supdh56
10/13/11, 4:23 PM   #52
treecitytornado

Hey Burris, don't remember who you are, but if you haven't noticed I am not in the minority on this issue. Like I said before its the principle of the whole thing. Hope you understand. Thanks. As far as the DT 3 deal, many who feel the same way I do were on here and many don't post on this site. Im entitled to post on the issues I want to and so can you. That's why we live in America and we are a democracy.

Btw, who are you and what car do you drive or own?
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: wideopen24
10/13/11, 4:29 PM   #53
annrobbins75

Any veido from klash

10/13/11, 4:31 PM   #54
K9Racer

First of all, I am not a fan of entry fees, nor local track License fees etcetera. But to race, we pay. If the costs get to high we can all join together and protest. Ever see that hold up????? Don't get me wrong, racing people are some of the greatest anywhere. We spend 40,000 and up for a racing engine to win 2K and bit$$ about a $30 fee. Maybe I missed something else, the more fans the better, but hasn't the back gate been supporting the entire event since the start of racing. Didn't read Jills latest post, but will assume it was a friendly reminder for their upcoming event. I find Jill and every other member of the crew at Kokomo to be honest,upfront, pleasant, sincere,and extremely hard working. If the details were on the track web site, no need to re post all of it. I didn't have time to go read everything as well. Hey J. T., was there a license fee associated with the former organization that you were helping run. If so, what was the benefit of that fee? I do not think Kokomo is a non-profit orgaization. I feel I get a pretty big bang for my buck there.

4 members like this post: batch56, BrentTFunk, nathans1012, racefan20
10/13/11, 4:40 PM   #55
treecitytornado

Didn't handle none of the financials of it Ray. If you wanna ***** about an organization that you never ran with, then I can ***** on what I want to as well. Thanks. Call me anytime. I think you have assumed some things that aren't the case.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/13/11, 5:00 PM   #56
jscott101

I'd pay an entry fee to see this conversation face to face lol
Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, nathans1012, Z-man
10/13/11, 5:07 PM   #57
treecitytornado

Im ready lol. Ill be honest I get a kick out of what some of these people say. This is fun!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: MWestfallfan54
10/13/11, 5:09 PM   #58
K9Racer

I wasn't bitc4ing. I asked a simple question. Oh, and made some simple statements. Hit a nerve?

10/13/11, 5:31 PM   #59
TWO FIVE

USAC co sanctioned a D1 race with STARS at Grundy county earlier this year. There was 0 representation there from USAC and they went by STARS rules and not USAC to the point that there were dq's in both qualifing and the feature. So much for those wanting to get info of USAC web site huh.

Thank you to the Kokomo promoters for putting on this race. I love that place.

10/13/11, 7:40 PM   #60
burris7555

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Hey Burris, don't remember who you are, but if you haven't noticed I am not in the minority on this issue. Like I said before its the principle of the whole thing. Hope you understand. Thanks. As far as the DT 3 deal, many who feel the same way I do were on here and many don't post on this site. Im entitled to post on the issues I want to and so can you. That's why we live in America and we are a democracy.

Btw, who are you and what car do you drive or own?
Posted via Mobile Device
I do not own nor drive a car. However I am around it enough to have a very good idea about what is going on behind the scenes money wise.

For a competitive team its a minimum at least of around 500 dollars a night to drop the trailer door. My point is, you have a 15k roller, 20k engine, whats another 30 dollars to enter your car in this race?

Most competitors are not going to worry about paying the extra 30 bucks to enter. Majority will be thinking that is 30 dollars less they get at the payout window after they win the A.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Is the Kokomo Klash Sprint entry fee fair?