IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fARMER CITY MOVING RACE
9/28/11, 7:18 AM   #1
fARMER CITY MOVING RACE
outlaw721

fARMER CITY SPEEDWAY WILL NOT BE RACING OCT 1ST,, AGIAN WILL NOT BE RACING OCT 1ST DUE LPS RUNNING A RAINOUT EVENT
INSTEAD WE WILL RACE OCT. 15TH THAT IS SATERDAY OCT.15TH MORE TO FOLLOW LATER THANK YOU
FARMER CITY RACEWAY
DAVID

9/28/11, 7:33 AM   #2
mscs20

That's BS!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
9/28/11, 8:44 AM   #3
Re: fARMER CITY MOVING RACE
carbonfiber

toatl b.s.
last time i looked, farmer city is located in illinois. not indiana.
take care of the illinois guys. give them a place to race.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
9/28/11, 10:22 AM   #4
bloard

We had two cars coming that weren't there the first time because of entry fee. Putnamville is 135 miles away from Farmer City. Kokomo is 150. You can't race against Lincoln Park one night, but are making plans to race against Kokomo every Sunday next year? Didn't know 15 miles made such a difference.

9/28/11, 11:27 AM   #5
D.O.

BS maybe but maybe Farmer City really has cars and drivers that race at LPS and come to Farmer City to race. Terre Haute area has a lot of cars that would travel to Farmer City and not Kokomo. I'm not talking just sprint cars here but all the classes.
Why not run it again on Sunday and start everything early?
Weather being a crap shoot at best the sooner they run the better chance for good weather.

Good Luck to Farmer City.

9/28/11, 11:37 AM   #6
Hotshoe65s

Sounds like they are doing what it takes to make sprint cars work at FC. If you want them to continue running sprints then support their decision, because they are the ones taking a chance and putting their $$ on the line to give sprints a place to race in illinios. They could easily not run sprints and be fine, but instead they are working hard to give sprint guys another place to race. And you people get on here and complain about every little thing, I think you should just be happy that they are going to run sprints
Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, leaglen, mowerman, SDHill89, SpfldMile
9/28/11, 11:44 AM   #7
kcarm92

gullick,mattox,barrow,christian,carmichaelx2,gentr y,levi, Im sure i am missing some more indiana drivers that was there the first time feel sorry for illnois drivers not being able to race saturday but can see from promotors stand point it might be bad, and if they are trying to prove to fair board that sprints can work there might be a good call, jmo

4 members like this post: CROSSED FLAGS, jim goerge, mowerman, PAW
9/28/11, 12:26 PM   #8
SamSr32

This is a good decision for not only Oct 1 is a LPS makeup, but the big sprint race is the USAC/MSCS race at Lawrenceburg. This would pull alot of possible cars from Farmer City this weekend.

9/28/11, 12:39 PM   #9
mscs20

Levi and Gulick will be at the Burg, and Gentry says he is done for the year. There are a few who missed the first show who were planning on coming Sat. It was still going to be a 30 car field. When the decision to make it Oct 1 was made, LPS was still a question mark at best.....and still undecided at the Sept 9 LPS show per Joe Spiker. To cancel because of the reason stated isn't fair to the local racers in ALL classes, and definantly not the area fans who have been waiting for this show. After the A Main we were all told they would run the next 3 weeks in a row....well that didn't happen, not even close. And now this announcement and lame excuse. Hard to build a fan base and support. D.O. had the best idea, run it the next day. And then still run the Oct 15 race.

1 member likes this post: sprintgirl14
9/28/11, 1:15 PM   #10
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

While I understand why local racers might be upset by this decision, from a fan's perspective I think it is a good idea, even though I was really looking forward to going to Farmer City this week. Too often on this board we have wondered why tracks go against each other when it could have been avoided. This seems to me to be a case of cooperation.

If there are multiple races, a fan has to choose which one to attend. Splitting the fan base means fewer fans for each track, thus less money for the promoter. It also can mean fewer cars at each track. I would imagine this would be good for drivers. It seems logical to me that more drivers would make more money if there were two (or three) shows on a given night rather than just one.

DO has good points. The only down side I see is the Illinois/Indiana time difference. I would think it might make more difference on a Sunday than a Saturday, but I live in Illinois and don't know for sure.

Whether this is a good idea might be somewhat like the blind men describing an elephant. It just depends on your point of view. I just hope that Farmer City is successful because this will be good for both local fans and local drivers, as well as fans and drivers who may live further away who come over to watch and race. Good Luck Farmer City.

6 members like this post: darnall, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, mowerman, racefan20, SpfldMile
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > fARMER CITY MOVING RACE