IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Posts from The 4 Crown
9/25/11, 12:21 PM   #61
Re: Posts from The 4 Crown
Gregg

If he had won only one of the four crown races in his first visit to the fickle lady named Eldora I would have been impressed, but three!!!

Maybe he is not yet the next Parnelli Jones yet but this year he certainly made a strong case that this is were he is headed. Let's enjoy Kyle Larson while we can. I wouldn't doubt that the owner of Eldora may looking into this kids future.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, LocalYokel
9/25/11, 12:36 PM   #62
Midget 89

Good rides are important. But you have to know what to do when you get there. Kyle Larson clearly does.

3 members like this post: Cel Cripe, Charles Nungester, KDM
9/25/11, 12:41 PM   #63
Bridges40

Congratulations to Kyle Larson for an amazing night at the Big "E". I saw USAC's tweet about being the only person since Jack Hewitt to accomplish this, and was very confused. In 98' when Mr. Hewitt won the 4 Crown,he truly won the 4 Crown; as in all 4 feature wins ( that's 4 wins in a night people... Not 3 ) please understand what Kyle did was and is amazing ! My problem is the inaccuracies in whom ever tweets on behalf of USAC's tweeter account.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/25/11, 1:49 PM   #64
dirt330

Took my three grandsons and son to the big e for four crown.camped out at track. So many great race fans from everywhere. Because of following iow friday night i was telling everyone to wait till saturday and watch kyle larson he is the real deal. Boy did he make me out to be a genius. I was all smiles and still am.

9/25/11, 2:41 PM   #65
burris7555

Truly an impressive showing by Mr. Larson. I am glad I ended up making the trip to witness some of the short history the kid is writing in the sport we all so much love on this board.

I wish Darland would have been able to gain the ground in the SC race to compete with him later on in the feature. I'm sure the favor would have been returned from the Sprint feature.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
9/25/11, 2:49 PM   #66
Rogue-9

Glad I was there.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
9/25/11, 3:17 PM   #67
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I think the USAC "tweet" meant that it is the first time a driver has won all three USAC divisions in one night since the great Dew-it Hewitt did it. USAC had no affiliation with the modifieds.

2 members like this post: bmemmer, BrentTFunk
9/25/11, 3:21 PM   #68
LocalYokel

It baffles me how some people aren't completely blown away by what Larson did last night, and by what he's done this year in general.
No ones seen a driver this good in a very long time, and no one will see another driver as good as him for a very long time.
Never mind that he's dominated in all of USAC's premier divisions, he also has a WoO win also. Who can name the last person to win a race in all three of USACs divisions and also win an Outlaws event in the same year? You'd have to go back at least a decade.
So what that he didn't win a E-mod race last night? The won in all the classes running last night and I think that's just as impressive as Hewitts sweep...
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Sprints!, Stagger
9/25/11, 5:16 PM   #69
Bridges40

Mr. Gardner, solid point, and thanks for bringing that up. I was under the understanding that USAC was promoting a 4-Crown and not a 3-Crown.

LocalYokel, understand that I agree with you. Kyle had an amazing night and I'm very happy for him.

Forgive me by not being totally blown away and on Kyle's band wagon as you seem to be on right now.

Due to the fact that I was racing that night at the Big "E" with my Brother and my Late Father in the Midget div. when Hewitt wrote history that night.

I was blown away when it happen for the first time not every other time it happens.

I don't want this to take away from what Kyle accomplished, because it is special.

My issue was a misunderstanding on my part regarding a Tweet from USAC. Thanks to Mr. Gardner I'm now understanding there view.

I turned to IOW for clarification regarding a Tweet, and not to take away from an amazing preformance from Kyle.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/25/11, 9:30 PM   #70
Tim Watson

I know it's an amazing feat to accomplish what Kyle did but didn't anyone else have any idea ahead of time that this might happen?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Posts from The 4 Crown