IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-State Speedway is racing tonight!!
9/4/11, 11:03 PM   #21
coachmeece

Hunter wins bfitz than short
Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, Rpracing1
9/4/11, 11:03 PM   #22
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

Non stop sprint feature. 35, 10, 36. Hunter then Blake and Brady.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/4/11, 11:46 PM   #23
Re: Tri-State Speedway is racing tonight!!
BigD

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 39

Awesome Job Hunter on the 2nd Win of the Weekend !!! Also Great Job by Blake and Brady !!!

9/5/11, 12:00 AM   #24
3wide

That modified feature was one of the best races I've seen in a long time!
Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Rpracing1
9/5/11, 12:03 AM   #25
sloppyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACP View Post
Now on lap 71 of 15 for modified b main.... Stay tuned for results in the next 45 mins...
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtchsr View Post
checkered after six laps, the timer went off as they had used there hour.
posted via mobile device

9/5/11, 12:06 AM   #26
Rpracing1

WOW!!!!!.............30 Green Flag Laps.............Hunter says it best...........If you want to see a awesome non-wing race......this is the place to see it!!!

4 members like this post: rdzsprint, sprintgal, tspilly
9/5/11, 1:20 AM   #27
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wide View Post
That modified feature was one of the best races I've seen in a long time!
Posted via Mobile Device
Congrats to Hunter!
Any mod results?
Posted via Mobile Device

9/5/11, 1:28 AM   #28
sprintgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s View Post
Congrats to Hunter!
Any mod results?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mcdowell won Dennis ended up 2nd. Paul Miles finished 2nd but what was dq'd because he didn't immediately go to scales, so I heard. If that's the case, it sucks but that's UMP rules.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by sprintgal; 9/5/11 at 1:35 AM.

1 member likes this post: Hotshoe65s
9/5/11, 1:55 AM   #29
3wide

Miles was on a tear. He was running 2nd and was, in my opinion, deliberately spun out on lap 14 and had to tag the end of the field. In the course of 10 laps, Paul Miles went from 15th place to 2nd place running up top. He just put on a show!

1 member likes this post: sprintgal
9/5/11, 2:04 AM   #30
Jerry Shaw

I've seen so many examples now that I think I can make this statement. You've got to be a real animal to drive a sprint car like Hunter Schuerenberg often does!! There are times when he starts in the back and just slugs his way to the front. He has the kind of mental toughness that demonstrates that he NEVER thinks he out of it. Ever. Then there are nights like tonight that he starts in the front, just takes off, flying into the turns at a speed that looks way to fast, saws away on that wheel, just manhandles his sprinter around the turns, gets great bite and rockets out of turns two and four. And can do that over and over again, lap after lap, which has to take unbelievable physical toughness. When this guy's on his game, if you didn't eat your Wheaties that day, you're just not going to beat him. He's one of a small handful of drivers that I can picture standing on a podium with Dick Gaines, Bob Kinser, Roy Robbins, etc. He'd fit in just as well to 1971 as he does today.

And as impressive as Hunter was tonight, in the last ten laps of this race you saw Blake Fitzpatrick throw caution to the wind and actually chase this guy down. He wasn't able to threaten Hunter's lead seriously, but as they were coming down to take the white flag he was definitely bearing down on him. Another lap or so and we may well have had another fantastic finish like we did in the last race there, between Blake and Levi Jones.

One driver who stepped up big time tonight and really drove the hell out of his car was Dakota Jackson. From hot laps, to his heat and all the way through the feature, he was on it. Flying around the turns and taking off on the straightaways, often doing wheel stands coming out of the turns. His battle with Braylon Fitzpatrick was probably the best one of the race and he even made several serious runs at Brady Short, for the third position.

The feature wasn't quite as good as the epic race we saw there the last time, but this was still a damn good race. The heat races were one of the best sets of heats I've seen all year. Sprint and Modified. Now the modified B could have been classified as a burro ride through hell, but the rest of the racing was stellar. Because the track was perfect. Probably the second best track Tommy has had all year, next to the last one. Coupled with perfect temps, it made for a great night of racing.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/5/11 at 3:20 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tri-State Speedway is racing tonight!!