IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Journey: Jersey to Indy
9/3/11, 10:46 AM   #21
Re: The Journey: Jersey to Indy
johnreuterracing

I would definitely like to thank everyone for their support and advice. I am really looking forward to take this challenge on. You guys are very helpful and supportive, there are several message board out there an idea like mine would get ripped apart on, this isn't one of them. I hopefully I get to come out one day, make this work, and meet all of yous!
Last edited by johnreuterracing; 9/3/11 at 10:46 AM. Reason: grammer

9/26/11, 11:14 PM   #22
johnreuterracing

Hey guys! Just a quick update! I still have my sights set on acvomplishing this goal! It's only in a mini sprint, but regardless, I'll be making my first true nonwing start in a couple of weeks at a track in PA called Borgers Speedway. Can't wait to share with you guys how I do! Also, if I can get the funds or sponsorship to bring money to the table, I may look into trying to rent a midget ride next year to make a couple of starts! Hopefully I can make this happen!
Posted via Mobile Device

9/27/11, 1:00 PM   #23
Re: The Journey: Jersey to Indy
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
plan B is the important thing. My best friend (while growing up) had a dream of being a rock star. He was a bright kid and was convinced he was going to make it in the music world thus, he dropped everything and went for it. However, he had no plan B. Well, you can guess where this is going. He didn't make it past the Holiday Inn circuit and now, at 58 years old, he has nothing to show for it. He bounces around to various cities staying with friends he has met over the years until he wears out his welcome and then he comes home to Mom and Dad's and lives in their basement and works an $8 an hour job at the hardware store until he gets wrestless and heads out of town again. He's never had a decent job other than the "show band" he played in at the Holiday Inns. That didn't last too long and when it dried up, he had no back up skills with which to make a decent living. His life is nothing but a fantasy and a sham. Don't be that GUY!!! Work hard on your back up plan!!! I had the same dream you had. All I wanted to do was drive sprint cars and race in the 500. I did realize my dream of driving sprint cars. I had an unspectacular career of roughly 10 years (with a few bright spots here and there) but, I had the time of my life doing it!! In the meantime, I had gotten my degree, got a solid job, along with starting a small business and I have made a fairly comfortable lifestyle for my family. Now my son and I have a sprint car and we have a lot of fun together racing. He'll never be a professional racer either, but he developed marketable skills along the way and has a great job that will support his family and racing habit.......Go for your dream!! But don't be foolish and simply gamble everything that it will happen they way you want it to. It's a long shot at best. Work very hard and do what you love to do......GOOD LUCK!!
This guy wouldn't happen to work at a hardware store?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Journey: Jersey to Indy