IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Farmer City Terminator Summer Sizzler $2,000
8/24/11, 6:12 PM   #21
Re: Farmer City Terminator Summer Sizzler $2,
wlm

I also hope for a good field of cars and a good crowd. As far as the entry fee, I don't see the big deal. If you go to an MSCS race for one show you have to buy a temporary license for $25 or $30. If you don't like it don't go... or go with the mentality of it paying $1975 to win and $175 to start if it will make you feel better. I hope it is a success and applaud them for having a sprintcar race!!

8/24/11, 6:24 PM   #22
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHess View Post
5 classes on a sunday with a $30 pit pass for a better purse but not a great purse plus an entry fee? No Thanks...I can deal with the classes and swallow the pit pass but an entry fee? Work harder at promoting and getting 50-100 extra people in the stands if you really need that extra 600-900 dollars that entry fee is going to bring in. $200 hundred to start is actually $175 to start and $50 tow is actually $25 tow. Sprint payout should look like this:Sprint payout: 1. 1,975 2. 975 3. 775 4. 575 5. 475 6. 425 7. 325 8. 250 9. 225 10. 220 11-20.175 B-main $50 first car that doesnt transfer $35 for second and $25 on back. Don't take this wrong it's still a good payout but get rid of the entry fee and adjust your payout accordingly. Hope it's succesful and they run again but re think the entry fee for a "normal" show. Also, modifieds running for $1000 to win with no entry fee?
Mike,
I don't disagree with you one bit on the entry fee subject, but saying anything on here does no good, they live on 4m.net and I saw a post on hoseheads. Thats why I listed their phone numbers and website. And this isn't a "normal" weekly show for sprints, it's a "special" to them and they are used to the entry fee thing.....outside of usac I'm not. I argued to at least give the driver or the owner one free pit pass for each entry.....fell on deaf ears. So this is a special, on a special night and so it goes. I tried. If it turns out to be a good thing, and they finish the year out with sprints, I was told the purse will be about what we had at Danville 2 years ago. And no fee. Until Sunday comes and goes, I guess no one will know for sure. Again I agree with you and argued this point since April with them. But looking at the big picture or the future, It's worth the investment.

Andrew, I was told sprints will run first as there has been numerous calls from the Indiana drivers about the time change and they seem to get that.

Steve

8/24/11, 7:31 PM   #23
Andrew S. Quinn

Thanks Steve

8/24/11, 10:24 PM   #24
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I hope that all Illinois sprint fans and drivers (and a lot of Indiana ones) will support this show. Much as I enjoy going to Indiana, it sure would be nice to be able to have a track close to home running nonwing sprints.

Andrew, hope I get to see you in Illinois two weeks in a row.

8/25/11, 6:23 AM   #25
Andrew S. Quinn

I hope they get a good turnout of cars and fans. Been wanting to see a sprint car race here for some time.

With any luck I'll be in Illinois 3 weekends in a row,Frank. Planning on coming over for Lasalle next weekend too.

8/25/11, 9:26 AM   #26
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Great! Midgets on the LaSalle track should be an excellent show. I'll be there also.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
8/25/11, 12:16 PM   #27
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Someone's got to help pay that modified purse. Might as well take advantage of the sprint cars. Too many classes for me. These stock car tracks just don't know how to put on openwheel races. I hope it works for all that are going and on second thought I just might.
Last edited by ThrowbackRacingTeam; 8/25/11 at 12:20 PM.

8/26/11, 7:25 PM   #28
RACER99W

Hey Mike what is the entry fee for a poweri show? And they pay 75.00 to start the feature i believe and 25.00 tow. and 1200.00 to win.
All midget show have entry fees.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

The guys with sprint cars around here should support him so maybe we can sign a monster winged show, not down the guy for trying something. lets not burn bridges before they get built.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Farmer City Terminator Summer Sizzler $2,000