IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What I Learned @ Gas City
8/13/11, 4:51 PM   #31
Re: What I Learned @ Gas City
Joey Woods

Just curious? Whats the differnce between a tornado and a blow hard?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/13/11, 6:11 PM   #32
speed9

There is another post on here about safety and agression that speaks of this subject. I have been around racing for 39 years in one form or another, pit crew owner and mechanic. I think some of the new kids on the block do not respect any one or anything just go fast and point it, like a arrow out of a bow, with out any fletching its fast but not sure where it is going to land or who it is going to hit. Old racers had respect and they drove hard if some one took them out they settled it on track or off track after a talk. Todays racer hides behind he was in my way and he deserved it, I do think money is at fault here as today you buy the best racecar and motors hire a mechanic to set the car up and test every week. Fast and your expected to win at any cost.
The weekend racer is the heart and sole of racing not the rich kids and big time sponsers. The guy who works on his own stuff and has friends and family helping him for free. If it were not for the guy who funded his own team and worked 40 hrs a week at a job we would be watching a 4 or 5 car show ever week not good for weekley racing.
I did not see this accident but have seen others and if you own one of the cars the other guy was stupid and was at fault. When will a track or sancitiong body have the guts to call both driver regardless of age or fault to the tower and talk with them about over agression or fault. I think respect comes with time and experince not some one telling you that you did nothing wrong go get them they are just big cry babbies.
The rich kids dont haft to chose between a new tire and paying the light bill this week or next or worying if there engine goes sour the weekley race does and where is the money going to come from to finish the season?
I have see them come and go some good and some not so good safety and speed make great racing and I am thankfull for the safety improvements of today. If you think racing is fine why is the car owners name and the drivers last name the same in 98% of the cars on the track. Silver Crown, Sprinters or Midgets all experinece the same wrecks and new drivers comming in hot. Maybe every new driver to a track or division should be given a coach to help them learn what is good racing or put on probation for a while. Maybe a group of three racer to watch the race or a driver to help them learn how to be fast with out being over aggresive and causing wrecks and sidelineing a weekley racer for the year or gettig some one hurt
Solution I do not have but I love racing and I like to see a good race without any accidents but when you put 24 racecars and racecar drivers on the track all expecting to win you are going to have problems when two cars try to occupy the same space at the same time.

2 members like this post: CRA91, Motormasher
8/13/11, 6:25 PM   #33
Joey Woods

Last edited by Joey Woods; 8/13/11 at 6:42 PM.

8/13/11, 7:52 PM   #34
Sprintchick

How about when the 40 car pushed Bradshaw around in the heat race and then was allover the track
Posted via Mobile Device

8/13/11, 8:05 PM   #35
sp6967

i was not there last night,but from what i have read there were to many people driving sprints cars and not enough sprint car drivers.

8/13/11, 8:38 PM   #36
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Really like to know how someone knows how deep someone's pockets are and how Spoiled someone is.
Almost Every racer out there has some $$ or help behind them that isn't theirs

What happens when the budget racer takes him out? As has happened?

Grow up and let the people involved solve their own problems.
IF we all did not have deep pockets. the world would not go around and around. cant we all just get along!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/11, 10:18 AM   #37
Motormasher

Well said Speed9, most people don't have a clue how hard it is to race on a budget or for a living like the "old" drivers used to.

8/14/11, 10:54 AM   #38
lovindirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey woods View Post
just curious? Whats the differnce between a tornado and a blow hard?
you

8/14/11, 10:55 AM   #39
BAsprintcar

[QUOTE=Sprintchick;247750]How about when the 40 car pushed Bradshaw around in the heat race and then was allover the track

Really? I love how you get on here for your Hubby. If he had a problem he should of went down there and talked to him. Also If I remember right didn't ur hubby slow in the middle of the track one night and got blasted by another driver at put tucky and he went down to yell at him but it was really his fault.
Posted using Mobile Device

8/14/11, 10:49 PM   #40
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I wouldnt mess with gulick, he might be able to black a few eyes.
Posted using Mobile Device
are shove a hockey puck down your throat! are maybe up the other end too

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What I Learned @ Gas City