IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Updates 8/13
8/13/11, 10:20 PM   #11
Re: Burg Updates 8/13
QuickNick35

Nice job to Chad bringing home 2nd place first time in the Simon #24! Way to go bud!

8/13/11, 10:23 PM   #12
HRI99

Great job Travis and aj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

8/13/11, 10:23 PM   #13
QuickNick35

Thanks again Robin for the updates....Sorry to hear Andrew got upside down though

8/13/11, 10:25 PM   #14
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Way to go Brady & the Short racing team!!

8/13/11, 10:25 PM   #15
TeamCGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickNick35 View Post
Thanks again Robin for the updates....Sorry to hear Andrew got upside down though
Second that Robin. Sorry about Andrew. Still amazes me you are able to do this while your Son is racing. Congrats to Brady, Chad and KT, Jr. on the Podium.

8/13/11, 10:29 PM   #16
Robin Elson

Thanks, guys. He & Memmer had a good battle for the lead & Andrew just went into 3 a little too hard. Wasn't easy to finish posting.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, Motormasher, The Riz
8/13/11, 11:05 PM   #17
Hamm13
Inactive Member

We had a rocket tonight wow oil filter seal blew oh well jon was on the gas congrats to brady and the team and the track was awesome nice cush see you all next weekened
Posted via Mobile Device

8/14/11, 12:21 AM   #18
Gregg

Congrats to Brady Short. He really has this place figured out.

The first 16 laps of that race just took my breath away especially when John Memmer and Brady Short sliced through lapped traffic. I just wish the motor issues on the #98 would have held off. I would have loved to see how this played out.

For a while I though Kevin Thomas jr. was going to join them. He had a great run from far back in the field. He and Jason Soudrette were definitely the hard chargers tonight.

This was my first look at C. J. Leary. He didn't disappoint, running a strong second in his heat and running among the leaders until he had to stop on the track because of a motor problem.

Congrats to Chad Boesflug on a fine second place run in the Simon #24.

Sorry about Andrew Elson getting upside down. He bicycled and for a moment I thought he was going to save it but to no avail. The car didn't look too bad but I was half a world away. Hopfully we will see him back a time or two before the year is out but if we don't we understand education comes first.

The track was the very best I've seen it this year.
Last edited by Gregg; 8/14/11 at 12:26 AM.

3 members like this post: DWX 9929, FishBurger, Ricks Pics
8/14/11, 1:05 AM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Updates by Robin, Excellent as always.

Track was very tacky all night with about a 20ft cushion to the wall. Of which I seen Logan Hupp do something I don't see many drivers do anymore. Go up and pack it before the feature. It got him a possition or two on the first lap before the cushion returned to its rooster tail status.

Track was narrow all through heats. Not real wide for feature either but had two distinct grooves of which the leaders were just flatfooting and not much room for the lappers to get out of the way. Created some interesting situations simular to Fri Nights USAC Webcast.

Andrew Elson and Memmer teed up to do battle. Coming into three on lap one he biked, Not just biked but I thought the car was going to snap roll. Gotta give tremendous credit to him as What he did saved a major crash and turned it into a spinnaroni/easy roll over. I also credit the track for being wide as the whole field missed him I have no doubt in my mind that Andrew backing out and steering into his bike kept it from going awol.

Memmer and Short were doing battle and Short was always right there but Memmer kept him off for 16 laps till his motor went poof. CJ Leary who also looked good tonight also went poof.

Kevin Thomas Jr. Looked very good, For awhile I thought he was the fastest on the track in the feature. Also suprising was Travis Berryhill. Im not sure he's ever been here NW but he looked strong.

Westerfeld, Gotta say its no longer a surprise to see him run well. Hupp ran good and Soudrette was wheelie man tonight. I think he finished sixth or seventh but started deep..

JT. Stapp looked pretty good in the heat. Kevin Studley is getting the hang of it Glad to see em run.
See you next week for the Dick Gaines Classic.

Mod Feature was won by Groomer.

Street stocks by Litchfield.

Another good night. Track never took rubber and in fact had two rooster tail grooves all through the features
Drizzle started as I exited the main gate. Priceless and second time this year that happened.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/14/11 at 1:39 AM.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, Motormasher
8/14/11, 2:28 AM   #20
treecitytornado

Track was awesome when it came in good in the A-Main. Glad to get a solid Top 10 with a solid iron block motor. Hope it stays nice and heavy the rest of the season! Dave thanks for coming over after the races and expressing your thanks for us being there. That meant alot!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Updates 8/13