IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just clearing the air....
8/7/11, 4:29 PM   #31
Re: Just clearing the air....
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-9 View Post
I really don't see how he missed the point. It looked to me like your point was that everyone needs to chill out and stop complaing about every little thing that bothers them at a racetrack. He responded by basically saying, would you rather that everyone acted like everything was perfect at every race and didn't express themselves on here. Yes some people complain too much and about stupid things. But when I complain about something on an internet forum, its with the hope than someone at the track sees it and makes some changes. For instance, the sprint week show at gas city, i complained about the reworking of the track right before the feature, making the track too tacky, with very little passing. Why did I complain, to vent? No. It's because if no one says anything the track is going to think they are doing the right thing, and keep doing it. If people complain, they might try something else. Waynesfield was a little too tacky yesterday too, but that wasn't their fault, it was because of rain. With gas city, the track would have been great, had they not reworked it. I didn't want gas city to think they did the right thing, so I complained. I've been to two usac shows at gas city this year and they did the same thing both shows, so I felt that I needed to say something, with the hope that next time they don't make the same mistake, and put on a great show. That's where I think the value of complaining on a message board is. Yes some people take it too far, aand need to chill out, but that's still better than the alternative, in which everyone keeps their opinions to themselves and are never heard. That was the point that I think NFS was trying to make, which seemed to me an appropriate response to Bill's post.

Exactly the point of my original post in this thread!
Last edited by Need For Speed; 8/7/11 at 4:35 PM.

8/7/11, 4:39 PM   #32
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-9 View Post
I really don't see how he missed the point. It looked to me like your point was that everyone needs to chill out and stop complaing about every little thing that bothers them at a racetrack. He responded by basically saying, would you rather that everyone acted like everything was perfect at every race and didn't express themselves on here. Yes some people complain too much and about stupid things. But when I complain about something on an internet forum, its with the hope than someone at the track sees it and makes some changes. For instance, the sprint week show at gas city, i complained about the reworking of the track right before the feature, making the track too tacky, with very little passing. Why did I complain, to vent? No. It's because if no one says anything the track is going to think they are doing the right thing, and keep doing it. If people complain, they might try something else. Waynesfield was a little too tacky yesterday too, but that wasn't their fault, it was because of rain. With gas city, the track would have been great, had they not reworked it. I didn't want gas city to think they did the right thing, so I complained. I've been to two usac shows at gas city this year and they did the same thing both shows, so I felt that I needed to say something, with the hope that next time they don't make the same mistake, and put on a great show. That's where I think the value of complaining on a message board is. Yes some people take it too far, aand need to chill out, but that's still better than the alternative, in which everyone keeps their opinions to themselves and are never heard. That was the point that I think NFS was trying to make, which seemed to me an appropriate response to Bill's post.
Chris,

I think that if you have a complaint with a certain track, I would suggest that you contact the track directly. Relying on this or any other forum to delivery your message probably does little if any good. Speedway owners and promoters do listen to their customers. However, most don't monitor this or any other board to the extent of reading every post placed here. They use it for suppling information to their fan base and not much else. For more impact, try contacting them directly.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: agar, JstAbvVMC, mowerman
8/8/11, 11:54 AM   #33
Crankin

That has got to be the first time, in the entire history of IOW/USACFAN that the term 'cognitive skills' has ever been used on this forum!
WOW! I feel smarter just being able to type it, and finding a way to work it in a 2nd time on IOW/USACFAN!

Last edited by Crankin; 8/8/11 at 11:58 AM.

1 member likes this post: Danny Burton
8/8/11, 2:08 PM   #34
smith19

well if we all agree not to @itch anymore this site "could" become boring and lose many posters. you have to admit a lot of the complaining is very amusing to some. i also don't think there's one person on here that hasn't complained.

2 members like this post: Need For Speed, SPRINTCAR
8/8/11, 2:35 PM   #35
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
well if we all agree not to @itch anymore this site "could" become boring and lose many posters. you have to admit a lot of the complaining is very amusing to some. i also don't think there's one person on here that hasn't complained.
Well I guess if you think that adults behaving like spoiled children is amusing then you WOULD enjoy the complaining. But what about the person being complained about? For example, on this very thread, there was somebody (no doubt a renowned track prep expert whose credentials should never be questioned) complained about track conditions at GC. Now how do you think Jiggs, who probably worked on the track for many hours and who just might know a thing or two about track prep, feel? Amused probably isn't the word. But hey as long as you and a few others are entertained by the whinning, who cares how the complaining affects anybody else.

No doubt the time I took posting this was completely wasted. Bill's right; "some people will never get it'.

8/8/11, 2:42 PM   #36
smith19

see you complained about my post. now i'm laughing...

1 member likes this post: Need For Speed
8/8/11, 2:50 PM   #37
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
see you complained about my post. now i'm laughing...
Glad I was able to help you out.

1 member likes this post: smith19
8/8/11, 2:56 PM   #38
Wrench Turner

Ahhhh, I needed a good read today. Please continue all...

8/8/11, 3:42 PM   #39
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Chris,

I think that if you have a complaint with a certain track, I would suggest that you contact the track directly. Relying on this or any other forum to delivery your message probably does little if any good. Speedway owners and promoters do listen to their customers. However, most don't monitor this or any other board to the extent of reading every post placed here. They use it for suppling information to their fan base and not much else. For more impact, try contacting them directly.
I would say Kevin Miller has replied to many posts on here. Dave Rudisell does also as some of the people who run Lincoln Park and on and on. They are looking and listening. How many phone calls could or would a race track promoter answer anyway if everyone who had a complaint called them.

1 member likes this post: smith19
8/8/11, 4:54 PM   #40
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR View Post
I would say Kevin Miller has replied to many posts on here. Dave Rudisell does also as some of the people who run Lincoln Park and on and on. They are looking and listening. How many phone calls could or would a race track promoter answer anyway if everyone who had a complaint called them.
You are 100% correct. Sorry I mentioned it.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Just clearing the air....