IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This week at Lincoln Park Speedway!
8/6/11, 3:19 PM   #21
Re: This week at Lincoln Park Speedway!
axsom#11

LPS should have more cars , Lawranceburg is a superspeedway now . I'd rather watch or run a car at LPS little safer track . Not in to hitting wall at 135 mph in sprint car . Use to love racing at lawranceburg but not since they put in the new track.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
8/6/11, 4:30 PM   #22
Sickfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsom#11 View Post
LPS should have more cars , Lawranceburg is a superspeedway now . I'd rather watch or run a car at LPS little safer track . Not in to hitting wall at 135 mph in sprint car . Use to love racing at lawranceburg but not since they put in the new track.
LOL, I'd say your post is pretty drastic and I don't remember the speeds ran there, but your 135mph is way off. To each his own, no reason really in exaggerating Lawrenceburg, both tracks have their pros and cons.

1 member likes this post: smith19
8/6/11, 4:43 PM   #23
Mike M 67

My Father in law is a police officer and he took his portable radar gun to check speeds on the new track a year ago during a USAC event when all the big hitters were there.

He clocked the fastest sprint car at 115 mph.

The fastest Modified at 96 mph.

The fastest mini sprint at 92 mph.

He was using the most up to date radar gun.

I do not know where you are getting the 135 mph speeds at.

I would say the Woo winged sprinters would be pushing that speed.

Mike M 67

1 member likes this post: Sickfan
8/6/11, 4:54 PM   #24
Avon Open Wheel fan

I would just like to know what this has to do with Lincoln Park Speedway this week. This is the problem anymore every post goes way off topic. A new thread should be started if the topic is going to change.

1 member likes this post: Sickfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This week at Lincoln Park Speedway!