IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Park
7/29/11, 10:32 PM   #21
Re: Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Pa
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullring View Post
A little off topic, but I wonder how they will hide all the empty seats next year when they move the Nationwide race to the Brickyard.
Son, that will take a lot of canvas.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

7/30/11, 12:28 AM   #22
Torry

Looking at the Speed Channel repeat.

Pretty sad turn-out. Lots of empty seats.

It's a rough year for spectator sports.
Posted using Mobile Device

7/30/11, 12:41 AM   #23
Honest-Sam

Heck, I was just glad to be there for 15 hours working!
Posted via Mobile Device

7/30/11, 12:47 AM   #24
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-9 View Post
You paid 10 for parking? It was 5 when I got there, although I got there before qualifying at about 3:00-3:30. Huh, looks like I got both a discounted ticket and discounted parking.
we got there at 6:30 and paid 5$ , the 10$ parking was towards the back entrance. I enjoyed watching the races ,but I was not to happy paying 35$ for the event. I have no problem with ARCA , they put on a good show ,I just would rather pay 35$ to see a midget ,sprint & dirt car triple header. I think LORP should put the ARCA race with the Truck race next yr if there is going to be one.

7/30/11, 1:21 AM   #25
Sickfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torry View Post
Looking at the Speed Channel repeat.

Pretty sad turn-out. Lots of empty seats.

It's a rough year for spectator sports.
Posted using Mobile Device

How many people do you think were there? I didn't think it was a sad turnout. I was just past the flagstand and if I looked down the front stretch stands they were pretty full except for the very bottom.

7/30/11, 1:34 AM   #26
mcveyracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceway video View Post
Am I missing something? Your seats were upgraded and your looking for a refund? I dont get it.
The seats weren't an upgrade, they were General admission also but with a much worse view. The refund thing is just for sarcasm, I know that will never happen. It was a great show and I love going to ORP, I just don't understand the logic behind moving people to one area to make it appear to be crowded for TV's sake. Had I known I would have to sit on the front stretch I would have spent a few more bucks and got reserved seats with a backrest and everything!

7/30/11, 1:52 AM   #27
mortboyz

The closed off seats in turn 4 on Thursday for USAC has been an effort to keep the place clean for the Cuppers for years. They used to bring in those extra seats for this weekend, but there were never enough Champ car fans to fill em.
We were told by track staff several years ago," these seats are for the rest of the weekend, an we don't wanna have to clean them up until Friday for Saturday"....true stuff.
Ain't been back since.....

See, if NSSN was still around, people would know that ARCA, USAC Champ Cars and Midgets were racing at IRP on Thursday night. $35 for that ticket is NOT a bad deal, IMO . And if you didn't know that IRP allows carry in coolers, why in the hell did you go anyway?
I'll never agree with the whole $10 parking robbery though.....

1 member likes this post: sw1911
7/30/11, 2:53 AM   #28
Bad Dad 54

Read the above post & wonder why they can't get people there? I went to Gas City tonight. 32 cars, FREE Parking, $25 pit pass, sit anywhere I found an open spot, visit w/ driver, the Slashmeister was there, it's a no brainer . Dee De Deeee

7/30/11, 8:01 AM   #29
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtchsr View Post
I went to the speedway for the Indy Lights race. Wanted to sit in turn two but the stands were closed. Should I ask for a refund?
Posted via Mobile Device
apples and oranges; you weren't sitting in turn two only to have them come ask you to leave

7/30/11, 1:19 PM   #30
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
The closed off seats in turn 4 on Thursday for USAC has been an effort to keep the place clean for the Cuppers for years. They used to bring in those extra seats for this weekend, but there were never enough Champ car fans to fill em.
We were told by track staff several years ago," these seats are for the rest of the weekend, an we don't wanna have to clean them up until Friday for Saturday"....true stuff.
Ain't been back since.....

See, if NSSN was still around, people would know that ARCA, USAC Champ Cars and Midgets were racing at IRP on Thursday night. $35 for that ticket is NOT a bad deal, IMO . And if you didn't know that IRP allows carry in coolers, why in the hell did you go anyway?
I'll never agree with the whole $10 parking robbery though.....
The last couple of years they have allowed spectators to sit in the seats in turns 3 & 4 for the USAC Silver Crown shows. Don't know if they had complaints or what but I sat there the past two years. I realize they don't want to have to clean them up so if that is the reason, the LORP staff should have just told them that.

I don't watch much SPEED TV anymore since it has become mostly NASCAR TV. The "experts" they have on there about turn my stomach. They all just love to hear themselves talk and most can't shut up long enough to catch their breath. Why SPEED would care about showing a "big" crowd is beyond me anyway. Many of their other "filler" shows have huge sections of empty seats.

I am afraid that it won't be an issue any more. With the Nationwide race moving to IMS and the elimination of the truck race, they won't need that many seats so they won't be in place after this year. I personally would like to see ARCA come back but that also might be in doubt.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Seating issues with SPEED TV @ Raceway Park