IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > what teams can we see at the burg tonight
7/23/11, 7:42 PM   #11
Re: what teams can we see at the burg tonight
DHayes818

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
any one have a car count ?
Posted via Mobile Device
Looks like 18

7/23/11, 9:18 PM   #12
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

any updates at all
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: sloppyjoe
7/23/11, 11:26 PM   #13
Gregg

Tracy Hines is handed the victory driving the Parker #24 sprinter. I say handed because once Justin Grant took the lead about 3-4 laps in he set sail and build just about a half lap lead by lap 23. The only yellow of the race came out on lap 23 when a nerf bar came loose in turn two I suspect from Justins team mate, Travis Hery. I'm thinking Justin ran over it flattening his left front and rear. Gardner lost a tire at the same time. When the green came out Tracy was able to hold off Brady Short. The track was in excellent shape for the feature and not too bad for the heats.

The sprint cars and modifieds were in and intense battle with metal band Jackyl who was playing at the motorcycle track. The Sprints and modifieds won the noise battle. No Fishburger sighting but we suspect he was fifth row center at the Jackyl concert. I was seated with Mud Packer, RacinBabe and the somewhat multitasking Danny Burton. Quite hot in the early going but it improved significantly to very uncomfortable.

Feature:

1. Tracy Hines
2. Brady Short
3. Joss Moffatt
4. Chad Boespflug
5. Damien Gardner
6. Logan Hupp

Heat Winners: Short & Moffatt
Last edited by Gregg; 7/23/11 at 11:39 PM.

7/24/11, 1:56 AM   #14
Beal

I am still trying to figure out how gardner was 5th. I understand the 9, 09, and 89 were all lapped by grant, but he had a dnf. So once he was off the traack, would those cars have not been a lap down. They were not a lap down to the other cars behind the 40. The 40 chose not to return, and he was the only car to lap those cars, so should they stilled be scored a lp down? Also, if he had a dnf, why was he scored ahead of a car that finished the race, even if he was multiple laps down, he still finished.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/24/11, 2:24 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I think the top five all Six all lapped the field and Grant was up to Seventh in the picking order of lappers.

WOW, Different time zone. Brady short Edged both Grant and Moffatt to take a early lead. He extended this lead to about a straight away in the first four or five laps. Grant, Gardner, Moffatt Boespflug and Hines were in a intense battle for second through fifth until Grant emerged fully in second. He then not only caught Short but passed and half lapped him in the fourteen laps after. He was truly in another time zone, Just flat out getting it. Like Gregg said, Something happened and him and Gardner both cut tires. But I think its as he said, A car losing a part at that time and not something embedded in the track. Track honestly looked like new screened clay.

Hines, Short and Gardner battled all race for second with Short running second till about the 2/3rds mark. Gardner then grabbed second but shortly before the lap 23 yellow Hines was on top. This proved benificial as during the yellow both Grant and Gardner cut tires.

Mods were won by a dominant Derrick Groomer but he didn't go unchallenged. Clint DeMoss was getting everything he could out of a Mod driving every line concievable to grab the runner up spot. he challenged for the lead several times.

The LBurg Street Stocks put on another excellent performance. I was rooting for Willy McRoberts as he flipped in his heat but ran the consi starting at the rear and finished sixth. No Offense to the 8 car who won. I just don't remember the name.

Track was blazing fast, very tacky early but widened out in feature Track also appeared to have been really worked, Raked and had been thoroughly looked over and picked clean of big rocks and debris. Thanks for the hard work Rudy and Company. In fact the only place that took rubber on the track was turn three and I honestly believe its because they were just going in so hard it scrubbed the tires a bit. TACKY and LIGHTNING FAST ALL NIGHT!

Notably missing were some track favorites of Gulick *FINALLY SPELLED RIGHT* and Andrew Elson, Fisescher? and some other often runners of the Burg.

Thanks again to the Track, teams and everyone for making a hot day end up, *WAY COOL*
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/24/11 at 2:27 AM.

5 members like this post: FishBurger, jim goerge, Mud Packer, Ricks Pics, skids59
7/24/11, 2:32 AM   #16
Danny Burton

Chuck, I think that was John Demoss, not Clint, though I could be wrong. Matt Wheeler, from Madison, Indiana, won the pure stock feature.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

7/24/11, 2:33 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

P.S. Thanks to the Rudisels for the HARF, DARF and BARC night. Above and Beyond

7/24/11, 4:59 AM   #18
Redwood17257

Clint was at LPS tonight and perhaps John DeMoss was at Lawrenceburg, he drives the #79d

7/24/11, 5:02 AM   #19
Charles Nungester

Thanks Guys, John it was 79d

7/24/11, 8:58 AM   #20
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles nungester View Post
i think the top five all six all lapped the field and grant was up to seventh in the picking order of lappers.

Wow, different time zone. Brady short edged both grant and moffatt to take a early lead. He extended this lead to about a straight away in the first four or five laps. Grant, gardner, moffatt boespflug and hines were in a intense battle for second through fifth until grant emerged fully in second. He then not only caught short but passed and half lapped him in the fourteen laps after. He was truly in another time zone, just flat out getting it. Like gregg said, something happened and him and gardner both cut tires. But i think its as he said, a car losing a part at that time and not something embedded in the track. Track honestly looked like new screened clay.

hines, short and gardner battled all race for second with short running second till about the 2/3rds mark. Gardner then grabbed second but shortly before the lap 23 yellow hines was on top. This proved benificial as during the yellow both grant and gardner cut tires.

Mods were won by a dominant derrick groomer but he didn't go unchallenged. Clint demoss was getting everything he could out of a mod driving every line concievable to grab the runner up spot. He challenged for the lead several times.

The lburg street stocks put on another excellent performance. I was rooting for willy mcroberts as he flipped in his heat but ran the consi starting at the rear and finished sixth. No offense to the 8 car who won. I just don't remember the name.

track was blazing fast, very tacky early but widened out in feature track also appeared to have been really worked, raked and had been thoroughly looked over and picked clean of big rocks and debris. Thanks for the hard work rudy and company. In fact the only place that took rubber on the track was turn three and i honestly believe its because they were just going in so hard it scrubbed the tires a bit. Tacky and lightning fast all night!

Notably missing were some track favorites of gulick *finally spelled right* and andrew elson, fisescher? And some other often runners of the burg.

Thanks again to the track, teams and everyone for making a hot day end up, *way cool*
would you like to know where they were ??

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > what teams can we see at the burg tonight