IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Charging Problems
7/21/11, 2:37 PM   #1
Charging Problems
racecrzy

The car has a stock 08 GSXR 1000 in it and it not charging the batt. I have replaced the stator and rectifier and the batt. is still not charging. I have 12.6 v on the batt. and start the car and it goes down to 12.2 v, I rev the motor and it drops to 9-10 v and back to 12.2on idle. I have replaced the batt. and each race it keeps dying on me by the feature. The car pulls strong up to around 11500 rpm and then it "flatens out" until I let up on the throttle a little and will just keep getting worse throughout the feature until it stops firing at all. This is a new car for me that came from Indiana so just trying to fix the problem so we can race. Any ideas would help greatly, since you guys have alot more cars out there I figured maybe someone would have had a issue like this in the past.

Thanks

7/24/11, 3:19 AM   #2
Re: Charging Problems
racecrzy

Found the problem, there is a 30 amp fuse that was missing on the starter solenoid. After looking at a stock harness we found it. Without the fuse in the solenoid it was hard to tell it needed to be there at all.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Charging Problems