IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > construction near LPS
7/18/11, 8:40 PM   #1
construction near LPS
chadyracing

Will be coming in from the west on 70. Is there any road construction to be aware of.
Thanks,
Dan

7/18/11, 9:26 PM   #2
Re: construction near LPS
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

I-70 from the Ill/IND state line all the way to about state road 46 expect delays and there have been lots of wrecks in that zone don't get off at the terre haute exit for any thing the on ramp for east bound 70 is closed

7/18/11, 9:30 PM   #3
chadyracing

Thanks,
Dan

7/18/11, 9:34 PM   #4
terrehautian

My suggestion is to go through West Terre Haute and stay on old 40. Much less chance of a wreck.

7/18/11, 9:44 PM   #5
Jerry Shaw

Saturday is usually the best day of the week, as far as traffic is concerned, so you should be OK on I-70, as long as it's not backed up due to a wreck or anything. Once you cross the state line, if it looks like is is backed up, you can always take what used to be US 40. The first exit after you cross the state line is the one for West Terre Haute. It's not a regular exit, you just veer to the left to exit I-70. Take that road all the way through West Terre Haute and come to where that road intersects with US 41 (3rd Street) in Terre Haute. Cross that intersection and go to the end of that block. Turn left (North) and go one block to Wabash Ave. Turn right (East) onto Wabash. Wabash Avenue is the old US 40. Take this same road all the way through Terre Haute (it turns back into US 40 East of Town), Seelyville, Brazil and eventually all the way to the driveway of Lincoln Park Speedway.

If traffic isn't too bad, I'd take I-70, but if it's backed up or stopped, here's your alternate route.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/18/11 at 11:08 PM.

7/18/11, 10:03 PM   #6
chadyracing

Joe , Adam, and Jerry, Thank you very much. This is extremely helpful information. Look us up if you're there. Be in the black and gold 57
Dan

7/18/11, 11:04 PM   #7
skids59

Dan, is Kyle driving? I'd like to see him, but I think Steve and I are headed for Macon.

7/19/11, 5:05 PM   #8
chadyracing

Jeff, Yep. He's flying in Friday night. This will probably be the last time he gets to race around here for a while. We've decided to send the car to Houston with him so he can get back on the track. With out any sponsors to help with expenses, it's just too expensive to fly back very often. When he was in Tulsa he drove back 4 straight weekends and only got to race once. Can't do anything about ole mom nature. lol Anyway, I'll catch up with you at a track somewhere. Tell Steve good luck.
Dan

7/19/11, 5:18 PM   #9
terrehautian

I-70 construction is wrapping up this week. The on ramp for 70 EB will be open tomorrow. Also, it will be two lanes each way minus a few nights with lane restrictions.

7/19/11, 5:26 PM   #10
chadyracing

Thanks for the heads up Adam. That ought to make the trip a little easier. Do you know when hot laps will start? their web site says they start at 5:30 but i noticed in the post for last weeks race they started later.
Thanks,
Dan

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > construction near LPS